Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #196
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Currectlync HD. It's complete steering components from Currie. It is beef. They replace your original drag link, tie rod, steering stabilizer bracket. It makes it a lot better if you run larger than stock tires. They make them for JK's too. You should look into them.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]RED HULK BUILD--->[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-hulk-build-1343871/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-hulk-build-1343871/[/URL][/SIZE]
I need mo money
[SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB #757[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]SUPPORT[COLOR="White"] OUR[COLOR="Red"] TROOPS[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]
[QUOTE=Monster747;13003951]I am running 37" with 3.07 gearing no issue on highway and excellent offroad.[/QUOTE]
Redcrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #197
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered my lift and wheels and tires today. Hopefully I'll get them installed saturday and maybe join you guys on your next trip. Btw, Theres a shop out in union hill (about 15 minutes from south hsv) called Victorys ATV and offroad that I highly recommend. My yota friends always recommended them to me but I hadn't used them until today. They matched and beat any deal I could find online for the wheels and tires I wanted.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #198
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Ordered my lift and wheels and tires today. Hopefully I'll get them installed saturday and maybe join you guys on your next trip. Btw, Theres a shop out in union hill (about 15 minutes from south hsv) called Victorys ATV and offroad that I highly recommend. My yota friends always recommended them to me but I hadn't used them until today. They matched and beat any deal I could find online for the wheels and tires I wanted.
Saw this the other day and wondered about the reputation.

Unread 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #199
swill72
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

I live in Decatur and just traded my 1999 4wd blazer for a 1989 Wrangler last night (plus I got $550 cash). I always wanted a Jeep. My brother and I and some of his freinds went riding up at Windrock, TN this past weekend, it was fun, but I wanted a Jeep so bad. So one of his frineds (who has 5) offered to trade with me so I would have one. We are planning to go to Tuscumbia in a couple of months and ride. In Decatur I have a couple of spots to go, and will be taking the Jeep out test driving this evening......lol. It has a hard top and I ordered a bikini top today and am ordering a 4" lift tomorrow. I should have that and either 33" tires or 35" tires by time we go to Tuscumbia. My brother has a 76 CJ-5 with 44" tires (not sure what the lift is), but it has about 48" of flex and runs on propane (360 V-8). When my 4.2L goes, I will most likely go V-8 and go more extreme with my build......baby steps.....lol
100_6047.jpg   imag0135.jpg  
swill72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #200
sixty5vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill72 View Post
I live in Decatur and just traded my 1999 4wd blazer for a 1989 Wrangler last night (plus I got $550 cash). I always wanted a Jeep. My brother and I and some of his freinds went riding up at Windrock, TN this past weekend, it was fun, but I wanted a Jeep so bad. So one of his frineds (who has 5) offered to trade with me so I would have one. We are planning to go to Tuscumbia in a couple of months and ride. In Decatur I have a couple of spots to go, and will be taking the Jeep out test driving this evening......lol. It has a hard top and I ordered a bikini top today and am ordering a 4" lift tomorrow. I should have that and either 33" tires or 35" tires by time we go to Tuscumbia. My brother has a 76 CJ-5 with 44" tires (not sure what the lift is), but it has about 48" of flex and runs on propane (360 V-8). When my 4.2L goes, I will most likely go V-8 and go more extreme with my build......baby steps.....lol
Welcome to the Jeep family! That CJ looks really nice.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the YJ.

AMP
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #201
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Take is slow and enjoy it...the baby steps usually go faster than you'd think lol
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]RED HULK BUILD--->[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-hulk-build-1343871/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-hulk-build-1343871/[/URL][/SIZE]
I need mo money
[SIZE="5"][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]SUPPORT[COLOR="White"] OUR[COLOR="Red"] TROOPS[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]
[QUOTE=Monster747;13003951]I am running 37" with 3.07 gearing no issue on highway and excellent offroad.[/QUOTE]
Unread 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #202
Mrmonk
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Figure this is the right thread to post up in. I'm 17 live in Decatur, drive a 03 green sahara with a costa del mar and golen stroker sticker on the back. Oh she also have a 4.6l golen stroker in her that i installed myself so just let me know if any of you would like to do some mild wheeling, or shooting. Also i don't know how you guys wheel at stony lonesome i rode my dirt bike up there and it was very treacherous i couldn't imagine wheeling it stock there.
Mrmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #203
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You guys have any useful input for things I should plan for/expect/be prepared for when I'm lifting my jeep this weekend? I'm installing adjustable upper and lower control arms as well and I'm going to do my best to get it near to aligned as possible on my own. Gonna start soaking everything with pb blaster tonight so hopefully I won't break any hardware.
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #204
swill72
1989 YJ Wrangler 

isn't stoney lone mountain that place off I-65S? If so, then yes I went there with my brother back in Dec, and we just went to Windmill Park in TN this past weekend, and plan to go to Tuscumbia in a couple o fmonths....as I mentioned.

Right now, I ordered mirrors that mount on top door hinge and a new valve cover. Just replacing the valve cover gasket on a warped cover, slowed the oil leak down, but did not stop it. I am not a carb man and I am trying to adjust the carb, but some how have it all screwed it. I will get that figured out, but once I have the oil under control and the engine running smooth..... I will be happy. I did not order my lift kit today, because I want to get the engine smoothed out first, but I have settled on the RC 4" nitro lift and 33" tires. I will get the kit, but not install it till I get the tires. Fun times ahead!!!!

Anyone have ideas on tuning the carb? It is a Holley 4412, PO said it is a 600cfm 2 barrel, but I am thinking more like a 500cfm.

Thanks,

Scott
swill72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #205
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You guys have any useful input for things I should plan for/expect/be prepared for when I'm lifting my jeep this weekend? I'm installing adjustable upper and lower control arms as well and I'm going to do my best to get it near to aligned as possible on my own. Gonna start soaking everything with pb blaster tonight so hopefully I won't break any hardware.
Be prepared for it to take longer and being stressful. Unless, you install lifts on jeeps everyday you're probably not going to get it done in the time is says it shoud take. Be prepared for many trips to walmart/hardware stores. And I would suggest having at least one other semi-jeep knowing friend there to help. They aren't super hard but if it's your first one you will want to take your time. I am by no means a mechanic know it all. I mainly watched three other people put on my lift and learned as much as I could. But now that I have researched a lot more and done other stuff to my jeep myself, it's not such a daunting task. (not saying you are a noob or anything) Good luck!
I need mo money
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #206
SuthrnTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What's up guys! Well i'm new here also and thanks to lifesaflaw I went on a search for a jeep like a mad man! Well guess you can tell by my name I found one! As soon as I fix it it's all mine... 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara.. I'm not all sure what is done to it. So i'll have to get up under there and get to it. Anyways i'm in the Lacey area but work and play in Huntsville! So what's up! I'm also another yota owner! She's my baby though!

Here's my DD... You guys might have seen it around...

2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab 6-Speed Manual with a lot of mods!

I'll post up pictures of my new to me TJ tomorrow!! WOOT!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Saw this the other day and wondered about the reputation.
I'm th guy who recommended he use them and they are all great guys! To be honest they are all jeep guys except for one.. He's a early Toyota 4Runner guy. They all wheel and know the sport in and out and love to help out where they can! So give them a call and if at first they don't beat it give them a try again and they won't let you down!

Last edited by SuthrnTJ; 03-22-2012 at 12:26 AM..
SuthrnTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #207
ddtwdmb
1999 WJ 

New here, Just found this thread... but another one from Huntsville here, I live in 5 points, 99 WJ. Glad to see some other Alabama folks in here.
ddtwdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #208
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
Be prepared for it to take longer and being stressful. Unless, you install lifts on jeeps everyday you're probably not going to get it done in the time is says it shoud take. Be prepared for many trips to walmart/hardware stores. And I would suggest having at least one other semi-jeep knowing friend there to help. They aren't super hard but if it's your first one you will want to take your time. I am by no means a mechanic know it all. I mainly watched three other people put on my lift and learned as much as I could. But now that I have researched a lot more and done other stuff to my jeep myself, it's not such a daunting task. (not saying you are a noob or anything) Good luck!
I've lifted several vehicles before, just not a jeep. So I won't be absolutely lost. I'll chalk it up as another learning experience. I've been soaking all the bolts that will be removed in pb blaster since yesterday so hopefully that will help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTJ View Post
What's up guys! Well i'm new here also and thanks to lifesaflaw I went on a search for a jeep like a mad man! Well guess you can tell by my name I found one! As soon as I fix it it's all mine... 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara.. I'm not all sure what is done to it. So i'll have to get up under there and get to it. Anyways i'm in the Lacey area but work and play in Huntsville! So what's up! I'm also another yota owner! She's my baby though!

I'll post up pictures of my new to me TJ tomorrow!! WOOT!!
haha, that didn't take long. Take my advice though, finish the twin sticks on your truck first otherwise they will never get done once you get the jeep.

Alright guys, looks like I'm converting people and bringing them over. Maybe we'll have a bigger group before long.
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #209
jamesjbjames
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in south Huntsville. I'm definitely game for some riding. I have 33's on my 2006 TJ and haven't lifted yet so I am taking it a little easy but I am definitely game. Lets get something together.

I have a silver TJ. I was running around all week with her naked. It was a little chilly in the mornings (That's what sleeves are for).

I hated putting the top back on last night!! Looks like the storms are coming though........
jamesjbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #210
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a tip that most people forget to do when installing a lift.... put a generous supply of anti seize on the shanks (not threads) of all eight of your control arm bolts as well as your two end trackbar bolts..... If you fail to do this, you will figure out the hard way why this is such an important step in the lift install process.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.