Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 133 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #1981
Denny2565
2012 JK Wrangler 

I would put a vise(min 5") and some type of overhead lighting on the top of the list. Shelves underneath for jack stands, tool boxes etc. are also nice to have.

Or you can just go to Harbor Freight, buy all the stuff you could possibly want and then build a table big enough to hold it all.

Denny2565 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #1982
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you are building it out of metal, put a receiver on it. Then get a receiver mounted vice. Put it on when you need it, store it underneath when you don't. Then you don't always have it out for the small stuff.

Dennis, That map from Saturday looks pretty accurate. If only you could zoom in more, then you could see the different trails that are right next to each other. Ill have to play with it more and test it more with running parallel trails.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #1983
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichelmt View Post
If you can go longer than 6' I would. I went 72" x 24" with a double layer of 3/4" plywood for a top. I mounted a reloading press on one end and a vice on the other. I wish I had gone longer. I just always seem to need more room.
Yeah, I ended up building the top to 84x30. I did a truss style (flat truss) for support and I am starting with 1/2" blonde wood for now. i've got some 3/4 mdf I might put down if I decide its not enough. I didn't finish it yesterday cause I decided I didn't want to bolt it to the wall so I'm going to pick up some 4x4's and use some leveling casters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny2565 View Post
I would put a vise(min 5") and some type of overhead lighting on the top of the list. Shelves underneath for jack stands, tool boxes etc. are also nice to have.

Or you can just go to Harbor Freight, buy all the stuff you could possibly want and then build a table big enough to hold it all.
I've got some scrap blonde wood left over than I'm going to do a half depth shelf on the bottom. I've got three shelving units and a tool box so I'm not short on storage space yet. Lawn equipment is proving to be the most space consuming stuff I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
If you are building it out of metal, put a receiver on it. Then get a receiver mounted vice. Put it on when you need it, store it underneath when you don't. Then you don't always have it out for the small stuff.
Unfortunately I don't have all the metal working tools, not to mention it would be like 500 lbs.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #1984
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Would anyone be interested in some wheeling on the 8th?
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #1985
magichelmt
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would love to, but I am going to Orange beach. Time for my trip to the mother in laws. It is rough, but somebody needs to go down there and work out the boats and fishing gear
magichelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #1986
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Where to?

Also, think we should start planning the next cookout?

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #1987
magichelmt
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was loading up the jeep tonight getting ready for a run to Cheaha when I checked the oil. I decided to look underneath again and saw oil on the ground! Apparently last week at Hale Mtn when I drug my @$$ across some rocks I jarred the oil pan hard enough to create a small leak in the seal. I will get this up on a lift, pull the EVO skids and hopefully just have to put a new gasket on her. Plenty of oil in the motor so I am not afraid any permanent damage was done, but i still need to take a look before I put any more miles on her. I'll let you know what I find. That lift is looking more an more like a must. I just gotta fix it before the wife kills me!
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #1988
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichelmt View Post
I was loading up the jeep tonight getting ready for a run to Cheaha when I checked the oil. I decided to look underneath again and saw oil on the ground! Apparently last week at Hale Mtn when I drug my @$$ across some rocks I jarred the oil pan hard enough to create a small leak in the seal. I will get this up on a lift, pull the EVO skids and hopefully just have to put a new gasket on her. Plenty of oil in the motor so I am not afraid any permanent damage was done, but i still need to take a look before I put any more miles on her. I'll let you know what I find. That lift is looking more an more like a must. I just gotta fix it before the wife kills me!
Hopefully its nothing major.
Is that skid plate system mounted to the motor or to the frame?
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #1989
magichelmt
2013 JK Wrangler 

Both. Oil pan skid bolts on to the bottom of the motor, but goes over the pan. Then there is a piece that bolts across the frame rails to cover the transfer case. The third part bolts between the other two. I'll know more in the morning.
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #1990
Denny2565
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Would anyone be interested in some wheeling on the 8th?
I might be interested, but I won't know if I'm free until next week.

Quote:
Hopefully its nothing major.
Is that skid plate system mounted to the motor or to the frame?
I've got the same skids. I looked for some pics to illustrate what we have for a better understanding. The oil pan skid goes over the factory pan using the factory bolts. The transmission skid bolts to two tabs welded on the back of the oil pan skid and the two stud bolts that hold the back of the transmission in place. Finally, the cross member skids covers most of the cross member and extends out to protect the exhaust cross over pipe and loop on the driver's side.

By the way Ray, when you're ready for a lift, let me know and I'll be glad put in my two cents if you're up in the air about what you want. Or if you already have decided, I can give you a hand on the install.
Denny2565 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #1991
magichelmt
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just got back. Good news is that the bolts on the back side(where the drain plug is) were loose. There are some pretty good dents on the bottom of my jeep. The oil pan is just RTV'd there is not a gasket. Up on the lift you could see where the oil was leaking on the backside. Tightened everything back up to spec and will watch it for a week or so for further drips. If I need to I will pull the pan, drain the oil, & reseal the pan. I gotta pick a lift and get this thing up.

Unread 06-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #1992
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

dang, those are some good scrapes!

So i mentioned going wheeling this coming weekend....buttttt I got such horrific death wobble yesterday I ended up in the median. Guess I'll be digging into the front end sooner than later...
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #1993
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
dang, those are some good scrapes!

So i mentioned going wheeling this coming weekend....buttttt I got such horrific death wobble yesterday I ended up in the median. Guess I'll be digging into the front end sooner than later...
Let me know if you need help with that. I've had my fair share of death wobble.
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #1994
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Let me know if you need help with that. I've had my fair share of death wobble.
honestly i'm thinking it's my track bar mounting holes. But, like I said I haven't gotten under there to check yet.
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #1995
spbarone
2015 JK Wrangler 

I guess we all got a little dinged up at Hale. UPS just delivered my Rusty's tie rod. Still have to call RC about the shock but after that she'll be better than before!
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.