Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 107 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1591 of 3364 Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 634
Good wheeling. Apparently I slung another wheel weight. Time for another balance visit.

lifesaflaw123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1592 of 3364 Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
256offroad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Huntsville alabama
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Good wheeling. Apparently I slung another wheel weight. Time for another balance visit.
Ask them to Throw some stick on weights or you can put air soft bbs in it.

98 2 door xj rockrig- KRAWLERS on allied beadlocks, RSOR steering, 3link, built axles
96xj dd- 4"RC, 33s on Moabs, 8.8 4.10s
HERS 98 2 door xj- 3" rustys, 31s on moabs.
256offroad is offline  
post #1593 of 3364 Old 03-02-2013, 04:33 PM
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tuscaloosa
Posts: 4,210
Does anyone know someone local that could set up gears? RCOR would be $1,300 which isn't bad, but if I could save some money that's be great.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline  
post #1594 of 3364 Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256offroad View Post

Ask them to Throw some stick on weights or you can put air soft bbs in it.
Yeah, I may throw some air soft bbs in there so I don't have to worry about it again
lifesaflaw123 is offline  
post #1595 of 3364 Old 03-02-2013, 05:41 PM
spbarone
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 249
Good times today on our impromptu wheeling trip. Front lockers are amazing.
spbarone is offline  
post #1596 of 3364 Old 03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
highspeed
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Owens Cross Roads
Posts: 361
Where did y'all go?
highspeed is offline  
post #1597 of 3364 Old 03-03-2013, 07:08 PM
spbarone
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 249
Just some random trails around town.

Looks like I'm in the market for a replacement 30 or a set of 44s. Anybody know of anything?
spbarone is offline  
post #1598 of 3364 Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tuscaloosa
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
Just some random trails around town.

Looks like I'm in the market for a replacement 30 or a set of 44s. Anybody know of anything?
What happened to yours?

I've been looking for a rear 44 for awhile now. No luck.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline  
post #1599 of 3364 Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
spbarone
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post

What happened to yours?

I've been looking for a rear 44 for awhile now. No luck.
I'll post the pic tomorrow but there's about to be a sizable chunk of metal missing from where the carrier seats in the housing.
spbarone is offline  
post #1600 of 3364 Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 AM
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tuscaloosa
Posts: 4,210
If you have the cash, I'd get a built HP30 from East Coast Gear Supply. A nicely built one will run about $1,500...

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline  
post #1601 of 3364 Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
256offroad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Huntsville alabama
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
If you have the cash, I'd get a built HP30 from East Coast Gear Supply. A nicely built one will run about $1,500...
Waste of money..... Find a rubi44 for that or a g2 44 for a little bit more.

Ill have a 4.10 hp d30 open with some add ons like currie flex joints installed in the upper control arm bushings, zj tierod, plated diff cover full circle clip 760x spicer joints. Lower control arm skids.

Be a great swap for someone going to a 8.8.

Not planning on pulling it for a couple of months....but I'd sell it for cheaper than a built d30 from ecgs.

98 2 door xj rockrig- KRAWLERS on allied beadlocks, RSOR steering, 3link, built axles
96xj dd- 4"RC, 33s on Moabs, 8.8 4.10s
HERS 98 2 door xj- 3" rustys, 31s on moabs.
256offroad is offline  
post #1602 of 3364 Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tuscaloosa
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256offroad View Post
Waste of money..... Find a rubi44 for that or a g2 44 for a little bit more.

Ill have a 4.10 hp d30 open with some add ons like currie flex joints installed in the upper control arm bushings, zj tierod, plated diff cover full circle clip 760x spicer joints. Lower control arm skids.

Be a great swap for someone going to a 8.8.

Not planning on pulling it for a couple of months....but I'd sell it for cheaper than a built d30 from ecgs.
The only difference between a TJ front 44 and a HP30 is the ability to gear deeper and a little bit thicker gears. Otherwise the 44 uses the same tubes, knuckles, unit bearing hubs, ball joints, outer axle shaft stub, u-joint, brakes...


I might be interested in the HP30 you have whenever it comes off.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline  
post #1603 of 3364 Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
256offroad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Huntsville alabama
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
The only difference between a TJ front 44 and a HP30 is the ability to gear deeper and a little bit thicker gears. Otherwise the 44 uses the same tubes, knuckles, unit bearing hubs, ball joints, outer axle shaft stub, u-joint, brakes...


I might be interested in the HP30 you have whenever it comes off.
I agree but the shear size of a Dana 44 4.88 gear set vs. a Dana 30 is a big difference. Mainly the pinion. I have stripped 3 sets of Dana 30 gears and haven't on a 44 yet.


Ill keep you in mind

98 2 door xj rockrig- KRAWLERS on allied beadlocks, RSOR steering, 3link, built axles
96xj dd- 4"RC, 33s on Moabs, 8.8 4.10s
HERS 98 2 door xj- 3" rustys, 31s on moabs.
256offroad is offline  
post #1604 of 3364 Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 AM
spbarone
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 249
I know replacing an axle is the ideal time to do gears but I if I can't find a set of 44s I'll probably just start hunting for a 30 that's set up for 3.73s. Don't really have cash laying around to buy an axle AND regear the rear.
spbarone is offline  
post #1605 of 3364 Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
I know replacing an axle is the ideal time to do gears but I if I can't find a set of 44s I'll probably just start hunting for a 30 that's set up for 3.73s. Don't really have cash laying around to buy an axle AND regear the rear.
I'd be looking to dump that 35 before anything else.
lifesaflaw123 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Huntsville rapist RAZORBILL General Discussion 42 04-25-2011 12:21 PM
University of Alabama Huntsville erickpl General Discussion 22 03-10-2010 07:07 AM
San Angelo or Huntsville laxwarriors21 General Discussion 6 03-26-2006 04:33 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome