Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #1576
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Good deal, Saturday right? What time are we meeting and where?

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #1577
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
They dropped snow chances for this weekend down to 30% and I think it'll be lower than that for Hawk Pride. Let's ride!
I hope your right. the NWS (national weather service) has 50% from friday night thru saturday night.

I work for the DoD and one of my jobs it to be an amateur meteorologist (don't ask). So I have to keep a close eye on all things weather related across the globe. I talked with my counterparts at the NWS here in Huntsville and they believe that there will be snow, but it is still unclear what it will look like or if it will stick. It will be cold enough Saturday for sure, even if temps are above freezing, the wind will keep ambient temps sub freezing. Also, Saturday night will probably the coldest night this winter. Temps in Huntsville will be in the low 20s and high Teens, so bundle up if your gonna be out late.

That being said, having looked at the weather models and simulations, the farther south of the TN line you go, the better off you will be getting away from the mud.

One more thing for anyone that needs weather forecasts.......don't rely on weather.com or intellicast.com................spc.noaa.gov is the only way to go. WHNT.com is also a good resource for local weather. But weather is not an exact science, so keep that in mind

// end thread jack

Edit: the NWS has changed to 40% Friday, 50% Saturday, and 20% Saturday night..............it will change 4-5 times by Saturday.

Last edited by highspeed; 02-28-2013 at 12:49 PM..
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #1578
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed View Post

Snip
Ahhh, another amateur weather nerd! I doubt I dig into it as much as you do, I'm more interested in sever weather. I've taken regular and advanced spotter classes, the regular I've done twice.

They've been playing with the percentages all week, up and down and up again but accumulation looks minimal and the cold will be worse than the snow.

I'm down to go as far south as Birmingham, it doesn't have to be Hawk Pride.
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #1579
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
From what I look up, all the parks that are birmingham and above expect 40-50% chance of snow. They are all in the same temp zone too. I'm thinking, if their's not much difference, we might as well just go to Hawk Pride. Snow would be nice, but like you all are saying, wet and cold sucks!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #1580
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Ahhh, another amateur weather nerd! I doubt I dig into it as much as you do, I'm more interested in sever weather. I've taken regular and advanced spotter classes, the regular I've done twice.

They've been playing with the percentages all week, up and down and up again but accumulation looks minimal and the cold will be worse than the snow.

Yep LOL, I do it out of necessity for my job. I have received training from the NWS and Air Force Weather Agency, both very interesting. There is alot more to building a forecast than licking your finger and sticking it out the window.

Of particular interest to me is the possibility of more snow Tuesday into Wednesday next week. That just popped up this afternoon after a few models changed during the afternoon run.

Anyways, hope yall have fun. I will be putting in ball joints this weekend, so I will be at the shop..........in the heat!

Everyone have fun and don't break anything.

FYI- here is a local blog from WHNT news where all the meteorologist go more in depth with forecasts and possibilitys. They update it about 2-3x a day.

http://valleywx.com/
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #1581
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I guess let's make a call on wheeling soon. If we don't go I'll probably plan on heading out to see my family.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #1582
sixty5vdub

I am going to be "that guy" and take my name out of the hat for this weekend.
Between the current condition of the ground around here, me not having a winch (does anyone going have a winch?), and the fact that it will be just too damn cold, I am going to stay put this weekend.

Yall have fun, if you guys go.

AMP
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #1583
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

and then there were three.
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #1584
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
and then there were three.
I would go, I don't care about rain, snow, sleet, or volcano...........but I am working on the Heep and its rare that I actually have the time to do this. If, and thats a big if, I can get by my buddies shop tonight and put in 4 new ball joints, I will try to make it out.

My philosophy mirrors that of my hunting philosophy.................."The best time to go wheeling(or hunting/fishing) is when you can"
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #1585
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed View Post
I would go, I don't care about rain, snow, sleet, or volcano...........but I am working on the Heep and its rare that I actually have the time to do this. If, and thats a big if, I can get by my buddies shop tonight and put in 4 new ball joints, I will try to make it out.

My philosophy mirrors that of my hunting philosophy.................."The best time to go wheeling(or hunting/fishing) is when you can"
Make it happen!
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #1586
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hawk Pride tomorrow! Meet at 0700 in the front of the Walmart parking lot if you want to join us. That is, WM on madison blvd. We will be leaving WM at 0730.

Unread 03-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #1587
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7
Hawk Pride tomorrow! Meet at 0700 in the front of the Walmart parking lot if you want to join us. That is, WM on madison blvd. We will be leaving WM at 0730.
Changed to Stoney lonesome

Unread 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #1588
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7

Changed to Stoney lonesome
Cancelled.

Unread 03-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #1589
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sad to hear it got canned. I was actually up til 1245 am at the shop putting in my ball joints. Any reason for the cancellation?
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #1590
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed
Sad to hear it got canned. I was actually up til 1245 am at the shop putting in my ball joints. Any reason for the cancellation?
At least you got it done! We cancelled the hawk pride, b/c it might have been too hard for some of us under the conditions. Then Stoney was cancelled when we realized they close at 1300 today. So we're going to find some local trails to tear up instead.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.