Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREERuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #1546
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjake15 View Post
Whats up guys, I dont mean to interrupt your planning lol, but I found some axles on the local CL I might scoop up for my tj but was wondering if anyone could tell me if its as good of a deal as i think it is. Looking at a Dana 44 complete axle 8 lug flat top knuckles high steer arm 354 gears with matching Dana 60. Picture shows warn hubs. Thats all the information I have on them, asking price is 450.

Thanks for any help given
I saw those. Pretty sure they're full widths.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1547
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I saw those. Pretty sure they're full widths.
Thats what i thought when I saw them too. If you look at them closely, they are angled in that bed and that looks like a full size truck so about 6 foot bed. That means they are at least 72"
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #1548
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So it's looking like hawk pride this weekend based on other forum input. About an hour and a half there from madison area.

Lets get a head count:

1. Lifesaflaw123 (Paul)
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #1549
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whats up guys, I dont mean to interrupt your planning lol, but I found some axles on the local CL I might scoop up for my tj but was wondering if anyone could tell me if its as good of a deal as i think it is. Looking at a Dana 44 complete axle 8 lug flat top knuckles high steer arm 354 gears with matching Dana 60. Picture shows warn hubs. Thats all the information I have on them, asking price is 450.

Thanks for any help given
Passenger drop front axle. Cant use it in your TJ without swapping to a passenger drop transfer case. Not worth the time or the money to make them work.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #1550
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My concern is that everything is supposed to freeze this weekend
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #1551
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
My concern is that everything is supposed to freeze this weekend
Friggin weather. I want to try out my locker and skids so bad.
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #1552
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still down to go, I say we plan for the trip and figure it out for sure on Friday night.
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #1553
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the axle help guys, never even thought about them being full width. Sorry again to interrupt y'alls planning, hope y'all have a good ride.
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #1554
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the axle help guys, never even thought about them being full width. Sorry again to interrupt y'alls planning, hope y'all have a good ride.
You definitely didn't interrupt anything. You're more than welcome to join us this weekend.
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #1555
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123
So it's looking like hawk pride this weekend based on other forum input. About an hour and a half there from madison area.

Lets get a head count:

1. Lifesaflaw123 (Paul)
2. BigBlue (Chris)
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1556
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
You definitely didn't interrupt anything. You're more than welcome to join us this weekend.
I'd love to but my jeep still needs a few more things to be offroad ready that I didn't take care of when I installed my lift
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #1557
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post

2. BigBlue (Chris)
3. Spbarone (Steve)
You can always catch us on the next one!
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #1558
sixty5vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post

Lets get a head count:

1. Lifesaflaw123 (Paul)
2. BigBlue (Chris)
3. spbarone (Steve)
4. sixty5vdub (AMP)
I was looking at the Hawk Pride online calendar, and it looks like Twisted Jeeps (club from MS.) is having their annual St. Patrick's day ride on March 15-17. I wheeled with them on last year's ride. Good bunch of guys and girls.

Would you guys rather go then? Looks like this weekend will be a cold and muddy mess, judging from the weather forecast. And I am old, and do not care for cold and muddy messes.
Also might give more local folks a chance to ride with us, being two more weeks out.

Just a suggestion. If you all would rather wheel this weekend, I am probably still good with that.

AMP
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #1559
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
I was looking at the Hawk Pride online calendar, and it looks like Twisted Jeeps (club from MS.) is having their annual St. Patrick's day ride on March 15-17. I wheeled with them on last year's ride. Good bunch of guys and girls.

Would you guys rather go then? Looks like this weekend will be a cold and muddy mess, judging from the weather forecast. And I am old, and do not care for cold and muddy messes.
Also might give more local folks a chance to ride with us, being two more weeks out.

Just a suggestion. If you all would rather wheel this weekend, I am probably still good with that.

AMP
I'll be outta town that weekend. I'm good for next weekend or the weekend after st. pattys. If we don't go this weekend I'll probably sit around and pout.

You should stop by Friday night when we are doing Steve's locker and show off that crazy light bar of yours.
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1560
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

FYI- two different weather agencies expect 60% chance of snow on saturday. Couple that with above freezing temps and it might as well be raining.

I don't mind the mud all that much, although I am not considered a "mudder". That being said, my last 2 rides have been in the mud at Hale Mtn and Hollytree and its been a mess, but still loads of fun. Make sure a couple of guys have winches and tow straps.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.