Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREERuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Reply
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #1546
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjake15 View Post
Whats up guys, I dont mean to interrupt your planning lol, but I found some axles on the local CL I might scoop up for my tj but was wondering if anyone could tell me if its as good of a deal as i think it is. Looking at a Dana 44 complete axle 8 lug flat top knuckles high steer arm 354 gears with matching Dana 60. Picture shows warn hubs. Thats all the information I have on them, asking price is 450.

Thanks for any help given
I saw those. Pretty sure they're full widths.

__________________
Wanted: Savvy/Currie 3" front springs

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1547
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I saw those. Pretty sure they're full widths.
Thats what i thought when I saw them too. If you look at them closely, they are angled in that bed and that looks like a full size truck so about 6 foot bed. That means they are at least 72"
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #1548
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 574
So it's looking like hawk pride this weekend based on other forum input. About an hour and a half there from madison area.

Lets get a head count:

1. Lifesaflaw123 (Paul)
2.
3.
4.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #1549
256ChiliPepper
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjake15 View Post
Whats up guys, I dont mean to interrupt your planning lol, but I found some axles on the local CL I might scoop up for my tj but was wondering if anyone could tell me if its as good of a deal as i think it is. Looking at a Dana 44 complete axle 8 lug flat top knuckles high steer arm 354 gears with matching Dana 60. Picture shows warn hubs. Thats all the information I have on them, asking price is 450.

Thanks for any help given
Passenger drop front axle. Cant use it in your TJ without swapping to a passenger drop transfer case. Not worth the time or the money to make them work.
__________________
98 4cyl TJ on 35s, armored, geared, locked, and ready to wheel. Built, wheeled, and driven daily by a college student.
Favorite Park: http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/
"I just want to go wheeling!"~me
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #1550
spbarone
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 221
My concern is that everything is supposed to freeze this weekend
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #1551
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
My concern is that everything is supposed to freeze this weekend
Friggin weather. I want to try out my locker and skids so bad.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #1552
spbarone
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 221
I'm still down to go, I say we plan for the trip and figure it out for sure on Friday night.
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #1553
jeepjake15
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: dirty south
Posts: 81
Thanks for the axle help guys, never even thought about them being full width. Sorry again to interrupt y'alls planning, hope y'all have a good ride.
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #1554
spbarone
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjake15 View Post
Thanks for the axle help guys, never even thought about them being full width. Sorry again to interrupt y'alls planning, hope y'all have a good ride.
You definitely didn't interrupt anything. You're more than welcome to join us this weekend.
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #1555
BigBlue7
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123
So it's looking like hawk pride this weekend based on other forum input. About an hour and a half there from madison area.

Lets get a head count:

1. Lifesaflaw123 (Paul)
2.
3.
4.
2. BigBlue (Chris)
__________________
Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis |Beer
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1556
jeepjake15
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: dirty south
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
You definitely didn't interrupt anything. You're more than welcome to join us this weekend.
I'd love to but my jeep still needs a few more things to be offroad ready that I didn't take care of when I installed my lift
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #1557
spbarone
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post

2. BigBlue (Chris)
3. Spbarone (Steve)
You can always catch us on the next one!
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #1558
sixty5vdub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
So it's looking like hawk pride this weekend based on other forum input. About an hour and a half there from madison area.

Lets get a head count:

1. Lifesaflaw123 (Paul)
2. BigBlue (Chris)
3. spbarone (Steve)
4. sixty5vdub (AMP)
I was looking at the Hawk Pride online calendar, and it looks like Twisted Jeeps (club from MS.) is having their annual St. Patrick's day ride on March 15-17. I wheeled with them on last year's ride. Good bunch of guys and girls.

Would you guys rather go then? Looks like this weekend will be a cold and muddy mess, judging from the weather forecast. And I am old, and do not care for cold and muddy messes.
Also might give more local folks a chance to ride with us, being two more weeks out.

Just a suggestion. If you all would rather wheel this weekend, I am probably still good with that.



AMP
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #1559
lifesaflaw123
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
I was looking at the Hawk Pride online calendar, and it looks like Twisted Jeeps (club from MS.) is having their annual St. Patrick's day ride on March 15-17. I wheeled with them on last year's ride. Good bunch of guys and girls.

Would you guys rather go then? Looks like this weekend will be a cold and muddy mess, judging from the weather forecast. And I am old, and do not care for cold and muddy messes.
Also might give more local folks a chance to ride with us, being two more weeks out.

Just a suggestion. If you all would rather wheel this weekend, I am probably still good with that.



AMP
I'll be outta town that weekend. I'm good for next weekend or the weekend after st. pattys. If we don't go this weekend I'll probably sit around and pout.

You should stop by Friday night when we are doing Steve's locker and show off that crazy light bar of yours.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1560
highspeed
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
Posts: 303
FYI- two different weather agencies expect 60% chance of snow on saturday. Couple that with above freezing temps and it might as well be raining.

I don't mind the mud all that much, although I am not considered a "mudder". That being said, my last 2 rides have been in the mud at Hale Mtn and Hollytree and its been a mess, but still loads of fun. Make sure a couple of guys have winches and tow straps.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.