Anyone from Huntsville, AL??? - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Anyone from Huntsville, AL???

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #1531
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Which park are we going to?

lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #1532
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What's open? I had fun at Hale last time considering how terrible the weather was. Not opposed to checking out Holly tree or anywhere else for that matter.
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #1533
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hale is closed this weekend. Hawk Pride is open. Holley Tree is open. I wish I could go, but I have to work all weekend. Yall have fun and be safe.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #1534
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256ChiliPepper View Post
Hale is closed this weekend. Hawk Pride is open. Holley Tree is open. I wish I could go, but I have to work all weekend. Yall have fun and be safe.
I've never been to hawk pride... How far away is it?
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #1535
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its in Florence, about an hour and a half for me from South East Huntsville. Nice BIG park. They have a really good map, facilities, concessions, and trails to ride. I've been there 3 times now and haven't seen half of the park, but all that I have seen makes me want to come back. Lots of rocks to play on, and trails you have nothing for. I would recommend going for a weekend just so you have plenty of time to ride.
Pro Tip: Don't pass up the deep fried oreos at the concession stand.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #1536
spbarone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm game for either but the weather looks like it might be a little crappy, maybe Hollytree is the better choice considering.
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #1537
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
I'm game for either but the weather looks like it might be a little crappy, maybe Hollytree is the better choice considering.
It didn't rain at all last weekend and holly tree looked really muddy. I'd like to avoid mud if possible. We'll have to play it by ear as far as location (tired of this rain.)
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #1538
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

There was a post made by the admin of Hollytree, saying that it has been ridiculously muddy, more than ever!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #1539
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
There was a post made by the admin of Hollytree, saying that it has been ridiculously muddy, more than ever!
I'm going to go ahead and rule that out then.

I'm about to make another suggestion and please don't stone me for it....

There's always stoney lonesome if you are just wanting to get off pavement. I'd prefer something more difficult but it is an option, and you are almost always guaranteed to make it home without damage. (yet it's the only park I had to get towed home from...). Plus, I think there is a first timer from JKO who wants to get out and spread his wings a little.
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #1540
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
I'm going to go ahead and rule that out then.

I'm about to make another suggestion and please don't stone me for it....

There's always stoney lonesome if you are just wanting to get off pavement. I'd prefer something more difficult but it is an option, and you are almost always guaranteed to make it home without damage. (yet it's the only park I had to get towed home from...). Plus, I think there is a first timer from JKO who wants to get out and spread his wings a little.
Works for me, I've never been there before, but heading south makes perfect since! I will be bringing my camping gear!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #1541
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Works for me, I've never been there before, but heading south makes perfect since! I will be bringing my camping gear!
I won't be camping. I'll have to head back to take care of the dogs.

Btw, its UTV rally raid at stony this weekend. Doesn't change much but there will be a lot of BRaaaapPPPPing!!!! going on.
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #1542
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
I won't be camping. I'll have to head back to take care of the dogs.

Btw, its UTV rally raid at stony this weekend. Doesn't change much but there will be a lot of BRaaaapPPPPing!!!! going on.
That's fine, I'm just putting it out there for you all. I normally bring my dog, and the other stays at home with the wife.

Unread 02-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #1543
highspeed
2001 XJ Cherokee 

With the amount of rain we have had, which is +3" for the year(surplus), every place is going to be muddy. Hale Mountain was God Aweful 3 weeks ago. Hollytree was bad as well, but not like Hale Mountain. It rained at Hollytree last Thursday pretty good, so Saturday was bound to be muddy. I don't see how any ORV park will not be muddy when 2 months into the new year the overall rainfall average is 3" above normal, thats alot btw.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #1544
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This man speaks the troof.
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #1545
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Whats up guys, I dont mean to interrupt your planning lol, but I found some axles on the local CL I might scoop up for my tj but was wondering if anyone could tell me if its as good of a deal as i think it is. Looking at a Dana 44 complete axle 8 lug flat top knuckles high steer arm 354 gears with matching Dana 60. Picture shows warn hubs. Thats all the information I have on them, asking price is 450.

Thanks for any help given
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.