Any Alabama TJ's out there? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > Any Alabama TJ's out there?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Jt_grooms
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any Alabama TJ's out there?

I live in Montgomery. Me and a few friend are looking for other jeeps to ride with and places. War Eagle! Lol

Unread 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
tayzoid1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im in anniston were a lil far away but right up the road in jacksonville is chocolloco mountain offroad. Some fun trails up there. Other than that its mostly trail riding up kentuck into cheaha state park. Either way i would love to find some other jeeps to wheel with. This town is covered with f-250's on 35's and old chevy ths mud bog. Mud isnt really my thing though.
tayzoid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
schultzie
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Mobile Jeep Clup makes fairly frequent day trips to Boggs & Boulders (an easy day trip from Mobile or Montgomery). The Great American Park in Auburn is an easy day trip from Montgomery (not so easy from Mobile) and is better than Boggs & Boulders. Choccolocco is a great park along with (nearby) Morris Mountain. MJC schedules weekend camping trips to parks like Hawk Pride, Choccolocco, and Morris Mountain. Sadly, Mountainside outside of Gadsden closed in January.
HEAVY (5080 lbs) '06 LJ (aka: Carla) - 33.0x10.5x15 BFG KM2's;Savvy 1.25" body lift, Savvy 1" motor mount lift, ZJ V8 front springs; Moog CC623 (Caprice wagon) rear springs; Daystar 1 1/2" front spacers; Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks; Currie front UCA's, LCA's, & Currie fr. track bar, Savvy Al rear UCA's, Currie rear LCA's; Savvy Al UA (tummy tuck), Lockrite D30 fr. locker, Mountain Garage NP231HD w/JB Conversions SYE, Tatton double cardan rear driveshaft, Novak shifter linkage; Savvy Al gas tank skid; Brooks Custom Concepts rock rails; Bestop HighRock front bumper (junk); Dirtworx rear bumper/swingout; Four X Doctor F&R diff. guards; Currie front LCA skids, Currie HD steering, Currie antirock fr. sway bar; Tuffy security drawer, Warn 8000 winch, and more than 200 lbs of tools and recovery gear.
schultzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
mcdcrook
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Montgomery. Been wanting to ride in Auburn or down near Andalusia. PM me.
Alabama Jeepers #57
mcdcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Jt_grooms
2005 TJ Wrangler 

PM me if y'all ever go riding at a park somewhere. I need meet some more jeepers! 0IIII0
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you ever make it up to North Alabama, Hale Mountain or Hawk Pride are awesome parks to ride at. http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/about.html http://www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com/ Id be happy to show you around either park.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Jt_grooms
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok awesome! I've wanting to plan a trip to Morris Mountain sometime!
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
tayzoid1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ive heard of morris but never had the opportunityto head up there. We really need to plan a ride somewhere with the alabama jeeps
Unread 05-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #9
Jt_grooms
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good to me!
Unread 05-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
tayzoid1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lemme know a date and time and i should be there
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
4Kevo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've been interested in checking out The Great American Park in Auburn. Is there more there than the mud or rock garden?
4Kevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
schultzie
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Kevo View Post
I've been interested in checking out The Great American Park in Auburn. Is there more there than the mud or rock garden?
Unless you're a fan of blown pinion seals, out-of-balance wheels, and stuck calipers, avoid their mud (clay from hell). Although small, their rock garden rocks(pun intended). They also have some nice obstacles beside and behind the rock garden. There's even a fun level 2-3 rock trail through the middle of the park. Unless there's a big event, I think that they're only open on Saturdays.
HEAVY (5080 lbs) '06 LJ (aka: Carla) - 33.0x10.5x15 BFG KM2's;Savvy 1.25" body lift, Savvy 1" motor mount lift, ZJ V8 front springs; Moog CC623 (Caprice wagon) rear springs; Daystar 1 1/2" front spacers; Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks; Currie front UCA's, LCA's, & Currie fr. track bar, Savvy Al rear UCA's, Currie rear LCA's; Savvy Al UA (tummy tuck), Lockrite D30 fr. locker, Mountain Garage NP231HD w/JB Conversions SYE, Tatton double cardan rear driveshaft, Novak shifter linkage; Savvy Al gas tank skid; Brooks Custom Concepts rock rails; Bestop HighRock front bumper (junk); Dirtworx rear bumper/swingout; Four X Doctor F&R diff. guards; Currie front LCA skids, Currie HD steering, Currie antirock fr. sway bar; Tuffy security drawer, Warn 8000 winch, and more than 200 lbs of tools and recovery gear.
schultzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

They have a pretty basic perimeter trail around the park. It's an old 9 hole golf course converted to an ohv. Their primary focus is rocks though. Lots of good rock crawling built around the idea of having spectators as well. I have more fun watching than riding. There was a bit of a problem with drinking there but they are getting that ironed out from what I hear. Definitely a party environment though.
lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
tayzoid1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like we need to plan a weekend and go
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
4Kevo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I got a friend making the trip on the 19th, asked if I would like to tag along. Might go and check it out...
4Kevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.