Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Any Alabama TJ's out there?

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  imfrompa 
#1 ·
I live in Montgomery. Me and a few friend are looking for other jeeps to ride with and places. War Eagle! Lol

#2 ·
Im in anniston were a lil far away but right up the road in jacksonville is chocolloco mountain offroad. Some fun trails up there. Other than that its mostly trail riding up kentuck into cheaha state park. Either way i would love to find some other jeeps to wheel with. This town is covered with f-250's on 35's and old chevy ths mud bog. Mud isnt really my thing though.

#3 ·
Mobile Jeep Clup makes fairly frequent day trips to Boggs & Boulders (an easy day trip from Mobile or Montgomery). The Great American Park in Auburn is an easy day trip from Montgomery (not so easy from Mobile) and is better than Boggs & Boulders. Choccolocco is a great park along with (nearby) Morris Mountain. MJC schedules weekend camping trips to parks like Hawk Pride, Choccolocco, and Morris Mountain. Sadly, Mountainside outside of Gadsden closed in January.

#12 ·
Unless you're a fan of blown pinion seals, out-of-balance wheels, and stuck calipers, avoid their mud (clay from hell). Although small, their rock garden rocks:2thumbsup:(pun intended). They also have some nice obstacles beside and behind the rock garden. There's even a fun level 2-3 rock trail through the middle of the park. Unless there's a big event, I think that they're only open on Saturdays.

#13 ·
They have a pretty basic perimeter trail around the park. It's an old 9 hole golf course converted to an ohv. Their primary focus is rocks though. Lots of good rock crawling built around the idea of having spectators as well. I have more fun watching than riding. There was a bit of a problem with drinking there but they are getting that ironed out from what I hear. Definitely a party environment though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.