4th of July Weekend at Mountainside Offroad 4x4 Park in Gadsden, AL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Alabama Jeep Forum > 4th of July Weekend at Mountainside Offroad 4x4 Park in Gadsden, AL

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yj 4th of July Weekend at Mountainside Offroad 4x4 Park in Gadsden, AL

Got a pretty good group heading up to Mountainside Offroad 4x4 Park in Gadsden, AL this Saturday for an all-day ride. From what I hear this is a pretty new park and the videos on youtube look pretty good. Here is the website:

http://www.mountainsideoffroadpark.com/

I'm going and my buddy (Jody C.) that just finished his SOA riding on 36" TSL's will be there for its first ride. Several other folks including a club I think (maybe Hardline Crawlers or something like that).

It's a two hour ride from here and I know there are 3 of us that will be trailering up there. Anyone else want to join us?

Unread 07-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So Saturday was a blast. We drove nearly 3 hours to Mountainside Off-road park in Gadsden, AL & stayed from about 10 a.m. to dark. I got to trailer the Jeep for the first time with our Tahoe and I am officially spoiled. Using the trailer was so nice. The Tahoe averaged 11 mpg. for the trip which is not much better than it's everyday around town driving and not too much better mileage than the Jeep would've gotten (not sure of exact mpg for the Jeep though).

The park was worth driving to for the experience and offered some great trails and obstacles. We had plenty to do and covered most of the park I think. However, being that Mountainside is twice as far away as Morris Mountain ORV Park, I prefer to stick with Morris Mountain unless there is something special going on at Mountainside.

I didn't break anything and did a few trails I didn't think I could do. My son & I had a blast & he loved it. I still can't wait to get a locker for the front & build a roll cage & get some rock sliders and a winch (not necessarily in that order). Overall I am very happy with everything else.

Here are some of my favorite pics & video from the trip:

Unread 07-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

More poser shots near the end of the day. . . .

Here are the videos:

[yt]weQQOoxuJCo[/yt] [yt]kOqZAL9ke_Y[/yt]

[yt]qZgs73Z251I[/yt] [yt]h4UqgsYO9hQ[/yt]

[yt]jQ-uQVy19FQ[/yt]

Here is an awesome Tube buggy that went with us. Belongs to Jamie:

Here is a video of Bill driving Jamie's buggy up a hill that looked almost vertical. The video doesn't do it justice. If you are staring at the Rev Limiter rock hill, this hill is all the way to the far left of Rev Limiter going up the same direction. I forget the name of it. Before Jamie and Bill climbed it in this buggy, the Mountainside guy said it had never been climbed. It was pretty neat.

[YT]j5N-w0lM_kA[/YT]
Unread 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet stuff Matt. I'm heading there next weekend.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
Sweet stuff Matt. I'm heading there next weekend.
have you been there before? If it is dry like when we went, it is amazing how some of the rock there is so abrasive and grips the tires so well. We were able to do a lot of stuff that had it been wet we wouldn't have had a chance. It was so packed when we were there, the top parking lot was jam packed full and the lower parking lot was almost full. My Tahoe is two wheel drive and pulling the trailer up the hill to the top parking lot was tough. I just got a running go and since I didn't have to stop it was ok. If I had stopped I would've had to back down it all the way. It was a blast though.
Unread 07-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah our ride is an exclusive ride so we've got the whole park to ourselves. I've never been before but what I seen from the videos is that lockers may be needed especially if wet, and that's one thing we both need. But I think I'll do well and will have a blast.
Unread 07-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
Yeah our ride is an exclusive ride so we've got the whole park to ourselves. I've never been before but what I seen from the videos is that lockers may be needed especially if wet, and that's one thing we both need. But I think I'll do well and will have a blast.
I think you'll be fine. I don't have any lockers and my buddy in the burgundy YJ didn't have them either and we both we able to do a ton of stuff. But we still left wishing we had something other than open diffs! You'll love it up there though.
Unread 07-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cool that's one thing that I was worried about on some of the stuff there. I've got to extend my bumpstops tomorrow now that I've got new tires that are a little bigger.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.