Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Where to ride in Florida if I trailer my rig everywhere.

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jkl 
#1 ·
I trailer my Mini Jeep (Samurai). It is titled, but doesn't have a tag. Is there anywhere besides Hard Rock that I can take it to, unload, and go drive around? Been to Hard Rock twice now and conquered everything except two very gnarly hills. My kahunas are not quite that big. Do I have to be tagged to drive around the 4x4 trails in Ocala National? Tried to find some info searching, but not having much luck.

#3 ·
#4 ·
ba hum bug

I cannot understand the Rules on the page link you showed me.
I cannot see anywhere where it talks about a vehicle that is not tagged. Could you please spell it out for a me a bit more. Maybe tell me where you guys go. Are there any good (steep) hills out there where I can flex out the Sammy? Something besides flat trails. Thanks for all your help in advance.

#6 ·
Any other places? How do they places River Ranch and Holopaw work? I know you need to buy a chunk of property to ride, but can you pay a entry fee for just a day? I am really itching to ride around. I am just trying not to have to go pay to tag it and insurance. I can, but I just bought a nice dual axle car hauler just for this reason. Anyway, thanks again. Its not as big as Hard Rock, but there is also a really neat place just outside of Gainesville, that is just as challenging as Hard Rock. Been there, done that though

#8 ·
If you head west from the Interstate down Archer Road about a mile maybe mile and a half there is a an area off to left 100 yards back in the woods that is pretty gnarly. You would never know that it was there unless someone shows you. A buddy of mine showed me 5 or 6 years back and I never forgot. If you ever wanna someone to show you where it is Lemme know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.