Where to ride in Florida if I trailer my rig everywhere. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Where to ride in Florida if I trailer my rig everywhere.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
emmittman

Where to ride in Florida if I trailer my rig everywhere.

I trailer my Mini Jeep (Samurai). It is titled, but doesn't have a tag. Is there anywhere besides Hard Rock that I can take it to, unload, and go drive around? Been to Hard Rock twice now and conquered everything except two very gnarly hills. My kahunas are not quite that big. Do I have to be tagged to drive around the 4x4 trails in Ocala National? Tried to find some info searching, but not having much luck.

emmittman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
emmittman

Unread 06-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmittman View Post
Do I have to be tagged to drive around the 4x4 trails in Ocala National? Tried to find some info searching, but not having much luck.
Not on the marked trails, but you will need current registration if you take it on the numbered "Forest Roads" in ONF.

Ocala National Forest - US Forest Service - Southern Region

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
emmittman

ba hum bug

I cannot understand the Rules on the page link you showed me.
I cannot see anywhere where it talks about a vehicle that is not tagged. Could you please spell it out for a me a bit more. Maybe tell me where you guys go. Are there any good (steep) hills out there where I can flex out the Sammy? Something besides flat trails. Thanks for all your help in advance.
Unread 06-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

ONF is pretty much flat sandy trails. Hardrock is the only legal place that I know of that would be challenging.

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
emmittman

Any other places? How do they places River Ranch and Holopaw work? I know you need to buy a chunk of property to ride, but can you pay a entry fee for just a day? I am really itching to ride around. I am just trying not to have to go pay to tag it and insurance. I can, but I just bought a nice dual axle car hauler just for this reason. Anyway, thanks again. Its not as big as Hard Rock, but there is also a really neat place just outside of Gainesville, that is just as challenging as Hard Rock. Been there, done that though
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Its not as big as Hard Rock, but there is also a really neat place just outside of Gainesville, that is just as challenging as Hard Rock.
More info please

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out
Unread 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
emmittman

If you head west from the Interstate down Archer Road about a mile maybe mile and a half there is a an area off to left 100 yards back in the woods that is pretty gnarly. You would never know that it was there unless someone shows you. A buddy of mine showed me 5 or 6 years back and I never forgot. If you ever wanna someone to show you where it is Lemme know.
Unread 06-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
River Ranch
You will have to register on the site to view it, but here is a thread for people who want to go to River Ranch. The Florida Jeepers Offroad Association :: Log in

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.