Wheeling near Destin Fl? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Wheeling near Destin Fl?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring Harness

Unread 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling near Destin Fl?

I'm gonna be on vacation near Destin (Blue Mntn Beach) during July. Wifey likes to sit on the beach, but I get bored with that, and it's MY VACATION TOO, right?

IF I were to tow my TJ down there behind my SUV (needed to carry the family and supplies for the week), would there be any good wheeling opportunities within an hour's drive or so from that area?

Any advice on terrain/conditions would be helpful also, there isn't much sand in Indiana...

Unread 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Mike Barnett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheelin

There is a state park in the area between Hwy 98 and Hwy 30A, between the three way stop at the Seagrove market in Seagrove and Hwy 98. There are several entrances along that road-I have driven my Rubicon through there last January. Not challenging, some deep sand.
Mike Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

everything west coast (Destin) is gonna be SOFT sand, there is an air force base near by, if you head north away from the beach you are more likely to at least find some clay where you can get mud lol, but actual "specific locations i couldnt tell you, i could ask around though, i know ppl at school here that are from the pan handle
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. Anybody know what it takes to wheel at Eglin AFB? I see from some club sites that it's a popular spot, but I guess you have to obtain some kind of pass, and know exactly where you're allowed to go...
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
SpookyJohn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

All you need is a range pass from Jackson Guard. Their office is in Niceville, FL and it costs $10 to get a recreation pass. When you get that pass they give you a map of the area. Bottom line, you'll get access to 280,000-ish acres of areas to play in. If you're looking for great obstacles and mud and rocks, this isn't it. Buy we've got trails and sand pits.

Google "Jackson Guard" and click the first link, "Eglin Air Force Base, Leisure Time." About half way down you'll see the info for Jackson Guard in the "Eglin AFB Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Recreation Program" section.
SpookyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks SpookyJohn! Appreciate the help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.