Wheeling near Destin Fl? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling near Destin Fl?

I'm gonna be on vacation near Destin (Blue Mntn Beach) during July. Wifey likes to sit on the beach, but I get bored with that, and it's MY VACATION TOO, right?

IF I were to tow my TJ down there behind my SUV (needed to carry the family and supplies for the week), would there be any good wheeling opportunities within an hour's drive or so from that area?

Any advice on terrain/conditions would be helpful also, there isn't much sand in Indiana...

04 X Columbia Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Mike Barnett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheelin

There is a state park in the area between Hwy 98 and Hwy 30A, between the three way stop at the Seagrove market in Seagrove and Hwy 98. There are several entrances along that road-I have driven my Rubicon through there last January. Not challenging, some deep sand.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

everything west coast (Destin) is gonna be SOFT sand, there is an air force base near by, if you head north away from the beach you are more likely to at least find some clay where you can get mud lol, but actual "specific locations i couldnt tell you, i could ask around though, i know ppl at school here that are from the pan handle

Get busy living, or get busy dying
post #4 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. Anybody know what it takes to wheel at Eglin AFB? I see from some club sites that it's a popular spot, but I guess you have to obtain some kind of pass, and know exactly where you're allowed to go...

04 X Columbia Edition
post #5 of 6 Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 PM
SpookyJohn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

All you need is a range pass from Jackson Guard. Their office is in Niceville, FL and it costs $10 to get a recreation pass. When you get that pass they give you a map of the area. Bottom line, you'll get access to 280,000-ish acres of areas to play in. If you're looking for great obstacles and mud and rocks, this isn't it. Buy we've got trails and sand pits.

Google "Jackson Guard" and click the first link, "Eglin Air Force Base, Leisure Time." About half way down you'll see the info for Jackson Guard in the "Eglin AFB Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Recreation Program" section.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-30-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks SpookyJohn! Appreciate the help!

04 X Columbia Edition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.