Wheelin' in Gainesville - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Wheelin' in Gainesville

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wheelin' in Gainesville

Ok folks, trying to not beat a dead horse but anyone know of some areas in Gainesville to wheel or get in some mud?
Legitimacy is not a concern as Im looking for "that spot behind Publix" and whatnot. I know about Ocala and such but I'm looking for areas within Gainesville.

Also, this is a college town and there are tons of jeeps so anyone interesting in meeting up and wheeling?

Thanks guys, Steven

TrentYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Locked32114
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Let me know if you find any good spots... I'm always up for a road trip if it's worth it!
Locked32114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in G'ville. Unfortunately with all the "greenies" in this town all the cool trails have been turned in to non motorized access only (bicycle, or hiking).

I am currently trying to negotiate something with the owner of Gatorback MX Park to use their property while they are not running any MX events. It is an old rock quarry (similar to hardrock).

There is also a local club, Gator 4x4, they meet every Thursday at 8:00PM between the McDonalds and BK on Newberry Road by the mall. They usually organize trail rides.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ya, I don't understand why everyone loves trees there... I'll have to look into that motocross park that could be a good place in the future. I'll definitely be checking out Gator 4x4 soon too. are you a member?
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not a member, but I do plan on becoming one soon. I have gone to a few of their meetings. It's a good group.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That's good to know. Ill definitely be checking out some of there meetings soon. they're website seems fairly organized as well.
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably hit them up this Thurs.
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Let me know if ya'll know of any places, I'm always down to come back to gville. Its a nice drive to come back from jax.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have midterms all this week so ill have to check them out next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
Let me know if ya'll know of any places, I'm always down to come back to gville. Its a nice drive to come back from jax.
Ya I will for sure. Im actually originally from jax. do you wheel much up there?
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentYJ View Post
I have midterms all this week so ill have to check them out next week.

Ya I will for sure. Im actually originally from jax. do you wheel much up there?
Not much nearby really. Few small places to play on dirt hills and such but anything fun is 45+min away easy. This weekend some of us are going down to ride in ocala. Sunday about ten is the goal to meet. Should come out.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
TrentYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I had actually planned on goin up to jax this weekend I may go over to regency or that mud pit on southside this saturday. Are you guys wheelin in the national forest or at hard rock?
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

i'm always down to cruise up 441 and ride. holla

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #13
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
Not much nearby really. Few small places to play on dirt hills and such but anything fun is 45+min away easy. This weekend some of us are going down to ride in ocala. Sunday about ten is the goal to meet. Should come out.
check out sam yepez off san pablo used to be a good spot. you can see where they tried to close it, but we just go around. dont go alone or without a winch if it's rained lately. go san pablo away from butler and it'll be on your right. turn right and you'll see the woods on your right with dirt mounds semi-blocking the entrances

Unread 03-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

i got high centered in the old tj on 31's and water was about an inch under the grill and doors. you should be fine in the rubi tho.

Unread 03-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentYJ View Post
I had actually planned on goin up to jax this weekend I may go over to regency or that mud pit on southside this saturday. Are you guys wheelin in the national forest or at hard rock?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/...ekend-1345565/
^^thread for the trip this weekend.

Gonna meet near hardrock and kinda go from there, sounds like we should expect wheelin like at hardrock.

I only know of one mud pit near southside, but its not really close to southside blvd. Never been back near regency.

This saturday I'm going over to my buddy's house in the afternoon to install my front bumper and winch. Then onto Sunday Funday Jeepin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.