Trail ride Saturday Oct 13 Croom Wildlife Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Trail ride Saturday Oct 13 Croom Wildlife Area

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

Trail ride Saturday Oct 13 Croom Wildlife Area

Clermont Jeep Club will be having a couple of members going on a trail ride in the Croom Wildlife area. This terrain is basically a combination of ONF and Richloam.

We will be meeting at the Racetrac gas station in Groveland, FL HWY50/SR33 at 11:45am on Oct 13 (This Saturday).

A little background on the club. We are open to everyone and all vehicles. There are no fees or dues and no required equipment to ride. We carry tow straps and basic tools so someone in the group will have what we need. Most important is to bring family/friends and have fun!

I hope you all can make it!

-Alex

2010 Wrangler Sport M6 16" MB72 wheels, 35" Duratrac tires, 2.5" Rough Country Lift Kit, Hella Black Magic Driving Lights mounted on Rugged Ridge Windshield Mounts, 4.56 gears, F/R Trutracs, Sleeves and gussets, and more.......
Clermont Jeep Club
ucfgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

Pics from the ride today. We had a lot of fun and played in a lot of pits/washouts. I don't have photos of this as I was driving playing the whole time. However, my dad went through a mud hole and after 3 tow straps broken, F250 transmission line blowing off, and 2 1/2 hours later with a high lift he was out. Here are some of the recovery photos:

His truck has a 2 1/2 lift 33" KM2 tires and a stock rear locker.

Out!!

2010 Wrangler Sport M6 16" MB72 wheels, 35" Duratrac tires, 2.5" Rough Country Lift Kit, Hella Black Magic Driving Lights mounted on Rugged Ridge Windshield Mounts, 4.56 gears, F/R Trutracs, Sleeves and gussets, and more.......
Clermont Jeep Club
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
arjj09

Wow that looks like trail 2. I haven't seen it that bad in a long time. That used to just be a puddle.
arjj09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjj09 View Post
Wow that looks like trail 2. I haven't seen it that bad in a long time. That used to just be a puddle.
Ya, it was deceiving. It seems ok when you enter then the bottom drops out from under you. It goes from ankle deep to about waist deep in the ruts in one step lol. My Jeep went into it but I was able to reverse out.....the 7K pound truck however no good.

He usually just rides with us and pulls us out when we get stuck. But when the recovery vehicle gets stuck, it becomes a long day.
Clermont Jeep Club
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
flippinjeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i would like to see some more pics of that place....i didnt know you could take trucks out the i thought it was only for dirtbike and 4 wheelers
flippinjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
arjj09

That is not the motor cycle area. It is the same forest but this is the area out side of the fence. The best way to get to that area is to get off on the same exit and go east about a mile or so and you can enter the forest area on the left hand side just before the bicycle overpass. Then just follow that road until it turns to gravel. There are 2 places it turns into gravel. The first one you will come to will be a right turn. Don't make that turn because there aren't may trails down that way I think trail 9 is the only one. Anyway when you pass that and go around a couple of small corners it turns to gravel also. Then just pick a trail and enjoy the ride.
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #7
billyzj
1994 ZJ 

awhile back some guys from florida 4x4 went on a trail ride from croom to citrus,had some real nice pics
billyzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
arjj09

That sounds like a pretty good day. There aren't really too many obstacles in either place. Citrus has a couple of places you can crawl and play a little bit. Both places have some sandy hills to climb. Croom has a small clay pit that is fun. Just don't get caught in the clay pit. It may cost you a few bucks.
Unread 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
ucfgto
2010 JK Wrangler 

We actually found some nice pits out there and marked them on the map for next time. There were some amazing and challenging looking climbs......I will post up next time I head out there and we can all go play.
Clermont Jeep Club
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
arjj09

There's a cool washout on trail 3 on the south side of the main road. It's a little past that big mud hole.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.