Tampa Bay Area?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Tampa Bay Area??

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Tampa Bay Area??

I got into the University of Tampa and I just wanna know how long it would take to get to the nearest legal off roading in the Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg/Clearwater area? Also, if there are some clubs in the area too Id like some info on those as well. thanks.

bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

bump.........
Unread 03-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I believe you are going to have to drive to ride legally as there is not much over there that I know of. Richloam, Ocala and Citrus are popular places to ride in central Fl.

As far as clubs go, here are some:
www.suncoastflatlanders.com
www.lakelandjeepclub.com

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

A bunch of us are going to Ocala next weekend. You are welcome to join us. I'm in Clearwater and I don't know of anything around here. Too congested.
Unread 03-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
A bunch of us are going to Ocala next weekend. You are welcome to join us. I'm in Clearwater and I don't know of anything around here. Too congested.
I live in Connecticut, lol. Thanks though.
Unread 03-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl View Post
I believe you are going to have to drive to ride legally as there is not much over there that I know of. Richloam, Ocala and Citrus are popular places to ride in central Fl.

As far as clubs go, here are some:
www.suncoastflatlanders.com
www.lakelandjeepclub.com
Thanks! Yeah I knew I would have to drive but I didn't know where. Believe it or not this is one factor in deciding what college to go to haha thank you
Unread 03-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoman View Post
Thanks! Yeah I knew I would have to drive but I didn't know where. Believe it or not this is one factor in deciding what college to go to haha thank you

I hear there are nice colleges and universities in Colorado.
Unread 04-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #8
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

See if you can reach out to some of the locals...there use to be some good trails out in Hudson off us19 (powerline riding)... this is going back 10-15 years ago. Sorry, don't know anything now as i don't live in that area anymore.
Unread 04-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
Brads_nky_yj

We usually go on vacation to Indian Shores every year and stay at the condo. Would be fun this year to bring the jeeps down and meet some locals.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.