SW Florida Jeepers are mean... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > SW Florida Jeepers are mean...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #46
4x4jkx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Florida is bad for Jeep waves. Yea it really is hit or miss. Don't know why. Just is. I just started counting the number of waves I give instead of the number I get.

4x4jkx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #47
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitylightRC View Post
Funny, I noticed this as well I live in the Tampa bay area and I have gotten the same thing. However, when riding around with my buddies in there jeeps back home in western PA everyone waves…….southern hospitality my Yankee A$$!!
funny thing is that most people that live in the south, such as myself and probably everyone that I've ever known, don't consider Floridians as southerners. It's one of the biggest retirement/vacation spots in the US. there are tons of people that move down there for the good weather and beaches from just about anywhere. I lived in florida for about a year, got sick of it and ran as fast as i could back to Georgia.

BTW, I get plenty of waves up here.....
2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
JEEP= Just+Empty+Every+Pocket.....
EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO TJ-XTREME
TJ-xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #48
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

im a southern floridian all my life..i dont get many waves no more either but ive got it figured out;;;the ones that dont wave are northerners wishing they were southern,haha

any where north of georgia is a northerner to me..im gonna have to move i guess..i cant stand these transplant wanna be,s not giveing the southern hospitality we southerners deserve and respect..and us southeren folks love to be kind and friendly to everyone useually..screw,em..my jeeps better than theres anyway lol..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #49
Knottymaid
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
im a southern floridian all my life..i dont get many waves no more either but ive got it figured out;;;the ones that dont wave are northerners wishing they were southern,haha

any where north of georgia is a northerner to me..im gonna have to move i guess..i cant stand these transplant wanna be,s not giveing the southern hospitality we southerners deserve and respect..and us southeren folks love to be kind and friendly to everyone useually..screw,em..my jeeps better than theres anyway lol..
You got your nutz in a bind again?

I get the most waves when shes dirty as a 50 year old prostitute.
Knottymaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #50
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knottymaid View Post
You got your nutz in a bind again?

I get the most waves when shes dirty as a 50 year old prostitute.
here lately there always in a bind knotty..but there still swingin low
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #51
DirtyJeepBoy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

In the stuart,fl area the only people who return the waves are the jeeps that are actually built by the owners, the stock rubis and stock tjs just ignore me, mostly because they don't understand the "jeep thing" jkl said
DirtyJeepBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #52
tphitterlude92
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i never get a wave although i do drive an xj, come to think of it xjs dont wave at me either...man i must suck at jeepin..there are a few xjs near my house that are lifted, one has a leaf swap in the front and a snorkel pretty neat
tphitterlude92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #53
dhubing
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am in Naples (Golden Gate Estates) - and whenever I drive my CJ on the road other Jeeps wave to me, and yes I will wave back.
dhubing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #54
medic7583
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in Cape Coral and the waves are hit or miss also.
medic7583 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #55
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitylightRC View Post
Funny, I noticed this as well I live in the Tampa bay area and I have gotten the same thing. However, when riding around with my buddies in there jeeps back home in western PA everyone waves…….southern hospitality my Yankee A$$!!
Florida is not really part of the South anymore
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #56
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lj just wave

I live in Satellite Beach (central east coast of FL) and I wave. Yes sometimes I don't get a wave back, but that is not going to keep me from waving anyway. So wave backs or not we should all "just wave"
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #57
andrez109
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well down here in miami i wave at all jeepers, but usually it's those lifted jeeps that wave back, but that doesnt stop me from waving!
Hey rusty (boundless) it was great seeing you the other day, hopefully we can go riding one day together!
andrez109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #58
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrez109 View Post
well down here in miami i wave at all jeepers, but usually it's those lifted jeeps that wave back, but that doesnt stop me from waving!
Hey rusty (boundless) it was great seeing you the other day, hopefully we can go riding one day together!
Same here...
there are a few good trails up here mostly sand if you guys wanna drive up or we can look for trails somewhere between us.

Next winter break lets all go snow wheeling
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #59
andrez109
2006 TJ Wrangler 

just let my dad know when and where and we will be there!
andrez109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #60
nsbohn
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I grew up in New York, lived in Fort Myers for 10 Years, and now I'm in gainesville. Just thought I'd share a little knowledge with the class... The reason people are hit and miss on the waves in FL is because you have such a melting pot/mixing ground of people. Very few people are homegrown, not many even consider themselves to be "from" Fort Myers. Then you add in the "spoiled rich beach goers" that buy jeeps and you've got a nice little hodge podge of people that don't fit in with eachother... and don't wave at eachother.

I always feel warm and tingly when guys on Harleys wave at me on my crotch rocket. Then I realize they're posers not Outlaws and I feel dumb.
nsbohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.