SW Florida Jeepers are mean... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > SW Florida Jeepers are mean...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #31
aero3685

I am in Cape Coral/Ft Myers.

You wont get waves in FL... its nothing like up North. The majority of people are rude, dont expect anyone to hold a door open for you either. I usually get more weird looks for holding doors open for people around here.

aero3685 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #32
jeepin_in_fl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am in Cape Coral/Ft Myers.

You wont get waves in FL... its nothing like up North. The majority of people are rude, dont expect anyone to hold a door open for you either. I usually get more weird looks for holding doors open for people around here.
now now thats not completely true... i get plenty of waves from jeep owners... in fact i wave and get waves to more than just jeeps... any vehicle set up for off-roading usually waves to me
jeepin_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #33
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got 2 waves today.
Unread 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #34
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Think I got more waves from all of the Mazdas we passed going to Richloam than Jeeps in the past week

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #35
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl View Post
Think I got more waves from all of the Mazdas we passed going to Richloam than Jeeps in the past week

You too huh?
Unread 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #36
floridajpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lj Florida Jeepers, Orlando & South

Most people that live from around Orlando and south, in Florida are not originally from Florida and usually have the, I'm from up north and I'm smarter than anyone from the south attitude, so they are pretty unfriendly when it comes to the Jeep wave. Most of them settle down after a few years and fit right in with the locals but some do not. I have met a lot of good people that moved down here from up north and I've met some that cannot loose the SnowBird attitude.
floridajpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #37
jdale75
2008 JK Wrangler 

Can't remember the last time I got a wave in Ft. Lauderdale. Now the gf makes fun of me everytime I wave and get no reply.
jdale75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #38
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

im a native floridian all my life,ocala area..most jeeps always return the wave or wave first to me but ocasionally theres a few that give that a$$hole look,haha.
i always thought they were northeners lol..guess im wrong huh..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #39
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdale75 View Post
Can't remember the last time I got a wave in Ft. Lauderdale. Now the gf makes fun of me everytime I wave and get no reply.
My wife does the same to me. I wave at every Jeep, an she always rags on me
Unread 06-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #40
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymudder10 View Post
My wife does the same to me. I wave at every Jeep, an she always rags on me
they can think what they want,haha..it still makes us the good guy as far as im concerned..if they dont wave back there a-holes anyway,,or they will learn in time..
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #41
florida-xj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have noticed that people down here suck when it comes to manners. Nothing jeep related but if there is a car parked on the side of the road and you slow down to let them squeeze by before you....typically you would get a "Thank you" wave from the person driving towards you....much like the guy above talking about opening doors for people....I don't get it. With people being that oblivious it makes me see why people do not wave (Mostly) to random Jeep people. Thankfully I spent most of my life up north (Boston)...so I guess the sun hasn't turned my brain into mush like most people down here.

If I see a jeep I wave...except for the new stockers...my wife will make fun of me also
Custom Bumpers and Roof Rack
Painted Dark Blue
florida-xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #42
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida-xj View Post
I have noticed that people down here suck when it comes to manners. Nothing jeep related but if there is a car parked on the side of the road and you slow down to let them squeeze by before you....typically you would get a "Thank you" wave from the person driving towards you....much like the guy above talking about opening doors for people....I don't get it. With people being that oblivious it makes me see why people do not wave (Mostly) to random Jeep people. Thankfully I spent most of my life up north (Boston)...so I guess the sun hasn't turned my brain into mush like most people down here.

If I see a jeep I wave...except for the new stockers...my wife will make fun of me also
Yeah it's crazy. Most people here in florida these days aren't even from florida.
OSYJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #43
MasonJKnight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i actually feel bad if i was not paying attention and i miss a wave. i'm from PA living in VA.
MasonJKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #44
mrbones
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in the Tampa area and I'd say it's about 50/50. Not everyone see's you waving at them all the time, too. It's about the same on my motorcycle. I think the ones that wave back are Jeep enthusiasts and those that don't are casual owners who don't know.
Unread 07-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #45
floridajpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lj

What you have to realize is that almost all of the people in Ft. Myers are from up North. Ft. Myers and most of the cities in South Florida, "Period" are people who have moved here from up North and this is where we get most of the problems in the state of Florida. You remember the voting thing, YEP! That was all of South Florida. Transplants from up North. Driving was not so bad in Florida until, "You guessed it", People that moved down here from up North. Property was very reasonable to buy until, "You guessed it", people from up North paying whatever the realters ask for it.
I do have to admit that most of the people are from the New York and New Jersey area.
floridajpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.