SW Florida Jeepers are mean... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > SW Florida Jeepers are mean...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
LazySailor
2007 JK Wrangler 

SW Florida Jeepers are mean...

i just got into fort myers today, and i have been driving around town a good part of the day today. i have seen probably 12-15 other jeeps and NOONE has returned my waves..... TJ's CJ's YJ's JK's....i just get confused looks back. what is going on here. im starting to think maybe its me

Unread 01-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
gator055
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Damn South Florida Jeeps! I know in North Central Florida we wave...well some of the newer mall crawlers dont...but most everyone else does.
gator055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
JeepitoErgoSum

Were you driving a Jeep?!?
JeepitoErgoSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
floridajeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in central florida and to be honest not many wave here either.
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #5
hansonian
2004 LJ Wrangler 

florida seems to be hit or miss on the waves. in the past few years it's gotten worse. i guess all the mall crawlers haven't learned the rules yet.
hansonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
CitylightRC

Funny, I noticed this as well I live in the Tampa bay area and I have gotten the same thing. However, when riding around with my buddies in there jeeps back home in western PA everyone waves…….southern hospitality my Yankee A$$!!
CitylightRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
LazySailor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepitoErgoSum View Post
Were you driving a Jeep?!?
driving this...........
Unread 01-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
LazySailor
2007 JK Wrangler 

well....today is my third day in fort myers....seen dozens of jeeps on the road...still not a single return wave. i did have a guy in a ford focus hollar "nice jeep" out his window at me from a stoplight.

back where i came from up north everyone waved. i guess they havent gotten the memo down here yet.... ah well, im gonna keep on waving anyway. im going to a meeting of the local jeep tomarrow, so maybe someone there has an explaination.
Unread 01-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in the Tampa bay area and get plenty of waves here.
Unread 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

There are alot of Jeep snobs here in Florida, the rest are just oblivious. I wave at every Jeep.

Yours is sweet BTW.

Early YJ Club, Member #1, Check out our group: Early YJ Club

Quote:
Epic adventures usually start with something like: "I was looking at a topo map..."
www.matanzasjeepclub.com
madmax79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
OrlandoTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am seeing a lot less wave backs in O-town. I wave at all Jeeps, I can't remember anyone in a JK to wave back.
OrlandoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well, I just moved down here to North Naples a couple days ago, and I have noticed the same thing about non-wavers. I wave at everyone, and no one waves back. I think it's all the sobby snowbirds down here that have Jeeps that don't know how to be friendly. If I see you around Ft. Meyers, Lazy Sailor, I will definately wave. I'm still trying to learn my way around here. I don't know anyone here, so I'm still looking for folks around here that are into Jeeps.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
Kono
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Rarely do people down here wave back. There are way to many Mall Crawlers.I sure they are nice people ,but they don"t get it. So i just take it all in stride. If they wave back then i know they are a jeeper.
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
SYOH326
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yea, Florida's really hit or miss, anywhere south of tampa and noone's waving back, I'm from up in the daytona area and its not too bad though around here and down into orlando...sorry man, that's one of the best parts of driving a jeep...
SYOH326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
vitacura
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
I'm in the Tampa bay area and get plenty of waves here.
Same here.. I usually go to clearwater beach area with my YJ and get plenty of people returning my wave.
vitacura is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.