St. Lucie county Jeepers? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > St. Lucie county Jeepers?

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #76
ghrillz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stottman
Whats going on guys, haven't been on in awhile. How's everyone doing. It's funny I was actually out behing home epot yesterday, it's real nasty. But I finally succeeded in blowing up the turdy 5. Stripped all the spider gears in the rear but other than that had a blast out there. Once I get her running again we'll have to go out there.
Pretty good. Have heard from you in a while. You going to put a locker in or swap out the axel?

ghrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #77
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

Trimming frenders out this week. Any one going to st lucie mud jam?
00grandbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #78
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I might just swap out the axle with another 35 and start building my 8.8. Just gotta find another 35, it's hard to find anything for wrangler around here. I'd like to have the jeep still usable while I build the 8.8. Yeah I haven't been on in awhile been real busy with a new job and everything, I gotta work mudjam weekend trying to get off so dont know if i am able to go or not.
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #79
parrotparty
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will be getting rid of mine out of my TJ when I swap to my 8.8 just not sure when I'm ordering the 8.8.

[QUOTE=freedommachine;12840223]If it makes you paranoid and requires forum discussions it belongs on a Jeep.[/QUOTE]

"Well boss, a diesel needs its oil like a sailor needs his rum."- Capt. Ron
parrotparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #80
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So I said screw it and went ahead and picked up an 8.8, ordered all the stuff to rebuild it plus I got the artec truss kit. So hopefully she should be back up and running here shortly. Then will just have to pick up a hp 30 and I'll be good to go. Then we should all get together and go riding.
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #81
ghrillz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So I said screw it and went ahead and picked up an 8.8, ordered all the stuff to rebuild it plus I got the artec truss kit. So hopefully she should be back up and running here shortly. Then will just have to pick up a hp 30 and I'll be good to go. Then we should all get together and go riding.
Sweet man! That's going to be a good set up
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #82
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So started working on the axle today, pulled apart the axle and cut off all the brackets. Was really impressed with how the internals looked. Fluid was really clean, bearings weren't trashed so no wear on axle shafts. Gears looked great so all in all everything looks good so far. Should have the axle fully done here in the next week or two. Just gotta find somewhere to cut down my cv driveshaft. Gotta a feeling that it's not gonna be short enough with the length of the ford 8.8.
\
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #83
ghrillz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So started working on the axle today, pulled apart the axle and cut off all the brackets. Was really impressed with how the internals looked. Fluid was really clean, bearings weren't trashed so no wear on axle shafts. Gears looked great so all in all everything looks good so far. Should have the axle fully done here in the next week or two. Just gotta find somewhere to cut down my cv driveshaft. Gotta a feeling that it's not gonna be short enough with the length of the ford 8.8.
\
Sweet man! I gotta get new tires first then I'm going to try and find some dana 60's
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #84
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Hey all Im Also a St Lucie county resident. Umm I'm not sure if you all have been to that trail off of Cameo Cool little place for a bit. I'd post a pic of my jeep but this forum picture **** annoys me.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #85
ghrillz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit
Hey all Im Also a St Lucie county resident. Umm I'm not sure if you all have been to that trail off of Cameo Cool little place for a bit. I'd post a pic of my jeep but this forum picture **** annoys me.
Welcome. Haven't been there due to the no off road vehicles sign. Been to Corbett in Jupiter and poinciana gardens a few times plus behind Home Depot in Gatlin.
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #86
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrillz

Welcome. Haven't been there due to the no off road vehicles sign. Been to Corbett in Jupiter and poinciana gardens a few times plus behind Home Depot in Gatlin.
Wow I didn't notice any signs out there. I might have to check again. Seems like a lot of people go back there. It's kinda funny about the Home Depot trail there is one behind Home Depot in Jensen.
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #87
ghrillz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit

Wow I didn't notice any signs out there. I might have to check again. Seems like a lot of people go back there. It's kinda funny about the Home Depot trail there is one behind Home Depot in Jensen.
The sign is over by the auto shop next to the gas station
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #88
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

Cameo is sweet. Been there a few times. Sunk the jw at Poinceana 2 weeks ago. Just got it running and back togethere yesterday plus did the tank tuck. Next on list is snorkel.
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #89
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00grandbrick
Cameo is sweet. Been there a few times. Sunk the jw at Poinceana 2 weeks ago. Just got it running and back togethere yesterday plus did the tank tuck. Next on list is snorkel.
Tank tuck huh??? You did it your self I take it?? I think that's a ways down my list next up for me is the IRO long arm upgrade for the front. I just got my coils and isolators the other day.
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #90
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post

Tank tuck huh??? You did it your self I take it?? I think that's a ways down my list next up for me is the IRO long arm upgrade for the front. I just got my coils and isolators the other day.
Yeah did it my self. Wasn't to bad to do just time consuming. I have excessive rust due to my jw coming from NY. So had to do a little extra work. Got RCLA kit on there now. Love it so far.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.