somewhere to have fun at South East FL? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > somewhere to have fun at South East FL?

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

somewhere to have fun at South East FL?

anywhere? we are located at ft Lauderdale area, and would love to try smoething out for the 1st time. we don't have any crazy lift kits (2wd as well ) but we'd love to go do some muddin' i'm thinking there should be some places north of WPB (like loxahatchee)

any areas you guys recc we can go?

this will be the ride

its a '90 XJ 4.0, 5 speed, 2WD

taseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

nowhere?

is it even worth me getting a 4x4? lol or a jeep at all? lol
taseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
FutureJK

Check these out, I lived in Weston for 2 years until this past June and was a member of the club....

http://www.jeeptalk.net
http://www.southfloridajeepclub.org
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

thanks! checking them out right now
Unread 01-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I lived in south florida a few years ago, and I would always go to Big Cypress Natual Preserve. I don't know if they still let you wheel there, but it is FUN. That is just west of Ft. Lauderdale off of 595 or SR 84 (if memory serves me right.)

Also if you go south of Homestead/Florida City in Dade County (like if you're going to the Keys) go on the alternate route (Card Sound Road)and just after the road begins, there are some trails to your left -- mostly ATV's but some Jeeps and swamp buggies.

There is also Loop Road just before Shark Valley on the Tamiami Trail (US 41) in extreme western Dade County. Loop Road is good for 2wd vehicles too during the dry season, and it's about a 20 mile trail and some nice scenery of the everglades. (my son used to love it because there's gators on the trail!)

For south Florida, that's about it, because all of our old spots are now subdivisions!

Check with Big Cypress before you treck out there because they might require a permit be purchased in advance.

Hope this helps!
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

thx happymudder!

I did some searchingand came up with 'corbett' in loxahatchee area... MAN! that is serious stuff there! I ended up getting flooded and have a week of cleaning infront of me now! def need some good tires too it seems (and a snorkel just incase)

check corbett out...that is some serious stuff with some real cool trails, which some are only passeable with swamp buggies

if you ever wanna go out, let me know! I got a lifted 2WD and a stock 4WD (one in sig) that'll go as long as its easy enough for us to keep up! (for a while, i'm going to stay away from water FYI lol)
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the invite, but I dont live in south Florida anymore. I have relocated to North-Central Florida, but I occasionally go down to visit friends/family, so I'll shoot you a PM the next time I'm down there.

I still got my old CJ 5 at my dad's place in Homestead.
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
swoll50
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RedTJ
Check these out, I lived in Weston for 2 years until this past June and was a member of the club....

http://www.jeeptalk.net
http://www.southfloridajeepclub.org
I've lurked there for a few months and for a stock or close to stock guy, it seems like most of them don't want to even bother.

2008 Wrangler X - Steel Blue 3.73 - 6-speed - 35x12.50 Procomp Xtreme MTs - Olympic 4X4 Rock bumper - 2" XD Series BB

Blue Jeep Club Member #254
swoll50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.