Sarasota/Bradenton, FL - Wheelin Spots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Sarasota/Bradenton, FL - Wheelin Spots

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
GatorsUF
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sarasota/Bradenton, FL - Wheelin Spots

Anyone know of any public or private places to go Trail Ridin' around Sarasota Bradenton Area? I heard of one in Bradenton, but was hoping to find something more adventures. Has anyone checked out the public access roads in Myakka? They are advertised as OHV trails, but you have to stay on the roads. I am aware of Croom and Big Cypress and the Ocala area trails, but I'd like to have somewhere closer by.

GatorsUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
exxon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Three Lakes wildlife management I would check out, I never wheeled down towards your area that much so I wouldn't know of anything else.
exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

I know this is a pretty old thread but did you ever find any other places in the area?
jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
D700

2014 JK Wrangler 

Citrus Wildlife Management. Theres a map in the link make sure you downloaded.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma-brochures/nc/citrus/
D700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. Is it pretty rough there or fairly gentle trails?
Unread 09-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
D700

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower View Post
Thanks. Is it pretty rough there or fairly gentle trails?

For trail riding is great, theres a few sections that are a little hairy but you can always go around. I jeep by myself and never have had the need to use a winch or gotten stuck.
Unread 09-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome that's what I needed to here. Since I will most likely be by myself and don't have a winch yet.
Unread 09-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
D700

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower View Post
Awesome that's what I needed to here. Since I will most likely be by myself and don't have a winch yet.
Also try the Green Swamp and Richolham.
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Alright, I will probably check out those first since they are a little closer to me. Have any ideas for anything further south?
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
AEVM47
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower
Alright, I will probably check out those first since they are a little closer to me. Have any ideas for anything further south?
Not sure if they've been mentioned yet but I'm down here in fort Myers (originally from Bradenton but im at school down here) the two legal places I go are Red Neck yacht club (also called gone country motorsports park now) where they held the first annual gone country jeep weekend. Also there is Lazy Springs offroad Park where a lot of jeep clubs and shops go. Both places are worth checking out. I plan on going to RYC for the end of summer beach party
AEVM47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #11
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it doesn't really seem like there's much around my area.. seems like I have to go an hour either direction lol kinda blows. I have seen a lot of the RYC posts (Facebook) but it seems like a huge party crowd and that's just not my scene anymore. I have seen some pictures of some crazy rigs going through some deep mud though lol
Unread 09-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
AEVM47
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, it doesn't really seem like there's much around my area.. seems like I have to go an hour either direction lol kinda blows. I have seen a lot of the RYC posts (Facebook) but it seems like a huge party crowd and that's just not my scene anymore. I have seen some pictures of some crazy rigs going through some deep mud though lol
I understand :P I'm a college student though. But Gone country Jeep weekend was a family friendly event with Jeeps only
Unread 09-09-2014, 04:03 AM   #13
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well I'm only 23 I just dont party like I used to. Too much trouble came my way. Will they be doing that again?
Unread 09-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #14
AEVM47
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I'm only 23 I just dont party like I used to. Too much trouble came my way. Will they be doing that again?
You can be responsible and still have a good time haha. And yeah it was the "first annual" Gone Country Jeep Weekend so there should be one every year there was a pretty good turn out of jeeps I think they have it on their Facebook page or you can look it up on YouTube there's videos there of all the jeeps
Unread 09-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #15
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ahh, annual. Probably should have caught onto that the first time.. That's cool ill check it out maybe ill head down there next year

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.