Please help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Please help!

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Please help!

Guys, a member of Florida4x4 posted this and asked that I share. We will be taking a few commissioners on a trailride of TB next Sunday; that's how far this thing has come...THAT'S HOW CLOSE WE ARE!. I cannot ask you enough to spread the word, help, etc. Each and every one of you know how important it is to open and keep land open for our use. Here's YOUR chance to be a part of something HUGE!

Info on new off road access at Tiger Bay State Forest (TB) - please read. A bit of effort from you off road vehicle, motorcycle, and ATV club members, friends and contacts could get us a new recreation area and a BIG tourist draw.

TB is a 30,000 acre state forest located just outside the city limits of Daytona Beach FL. Currently the public has access to only a tiny fraction of it and only on a few dirt roads while the 50+ miles of trails are only accesses by forest staff and there is no access anywhere for motorcycles or ATVs. In contrast the Withlacoochee State Forest on the west coast of Florida has its trails and fire roads (aka jeep trail - 2 track trails) open for 4x4 vehicles and also has a 2,700 acre dedicated motorcycle and ATV area that nets the state between $800,000 and $1 million per year after related expenses. This is the right land, in the right place, and it is owned by a government entity with the proven track record of opening access and making it profitable for the state too. We just have to get past the local gate keepers to the Governors office.

Since early 2010 I have been trying to get the forest staff to open tiger bay to off road users with no luck. Their latest tactic was to demand local government support. We are on the cusp of getting the Daytona Beach City Commission to pass a resolution to ask the state to (a) open the existing 2 track roads and trails to licensed off road vehicles (jeeps, trucks, suvs) AND (b) dedicate 10% of the park to exclusive motorcycle and ATV use.

Unfortunately this commission support is coming right as several of them are coming up for election or retiring - and there are only 2 meeting left before the next election. I do not want to have to start over again with a new crop of commissioners if I can help it. To that end I ask for your help tonight.

(1) Please Email our Mayor, Commissioners, and City Manager (you can do it all on the same email) telling them about yourself and family and how your off road use is a family and/or group activity. How you travel great distances across the state to access the few places you can still have access. How you spend money in the restaurants and hotels in those areas. And how much you would enjoy putting Daytona Beach on your list of regular places to visit. Attaching a clean image picture of your family or group with the email would be cool too. Please do not send pictures that could be negatively received - like going through mud, wetlands, standing water, drinking beer, ect . This calls for some wholesomeness. Hold you nose and do it. LOL Most of all ask them to pass a supporting resolution before the election.

Their info is a follows.

Mayor Glen Ritchey - ritcheyg@codb.us
Commissioner Pam Woods - woodsp@codb.us
Commissioner Edith Shelley - shelleye@codb.us
Commissioner Rob Gilliland - gillilandr@codb.us
Commissioner Cassandra Williams - reynoldsc@codb.us
Commissioner Patrick Henry - reynoldsc@codb.us
Commissioner Kelly White - whitek@codb.us
Commissioner Jim Chisholm - chisholmj@codb.us

(2) Please blind copy me on those emails so I can reference them in future meetings. My email is GregGimbert@Hotmail.com

(3) Copy this post and spread it around to your off road friends be they motorcycle, ATV, military vehicle, Jeep, or other motorized user. We all stand to win with this as a local community and as out door enthusiasts. So please - blow up face book, email, face to face. Share the info and like this post. It would be very powerful to be able to show them thousands of likes here to go with the hundreds of emails I know you all can produce.

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

search before posting justin

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/...ading-1419844/
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

sorry, been busy as **** all day. just came home and threw it up on a bunch of pages. you got a letter going yet? going to start mine tomm

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

yeah sent mine the other day...just messing with ya

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.