Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

place to wheel in Jacksonville

31K views 361 replies 30 participants last post by  Ghyde97 
#1 · (Edited)
I found a pretty cool spot in arlington area.....other jeepers/4x4's out there....quite a few trails some hill climbs..sand very local....not technical..but fun none the less..i just gotta wheel.....not an illegal area.......i played there for several hrs....shoot me a text and if anyone is interested....we can meet up and go ride some trails for a few hrs. 704-202-9777

I'll probably head out there today and possibly tomorrow....

Steve
05 Rubican LJ

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Jacksonville wheelin area

Yeh..i mean it's not a official park, but it is a cool riding area that you dont havta drive but probably no more than 15 mins if u live in the jacks area. It should be challenging now that all the rain dumped....at least some of the hill climbs anyway....its right off the south connector and tredinick pkway...if u take tredinickpkway under the south connector overpass it will dead in to the riding area. looks smaller than it is...half of the area cannot be seen until u get halfway towards the back pond...actually heading that way now...rain is pretty much done

#6 ·
Ya I've been out there a few times before. Def some fun trails back there. There's also a small mud bog off southside behind a fire station that I'll have to show you guys sometime. There's a few good gems around jax but I woulda never found em without someone showing me. Anyways, I commute back and forth from gainesville so I'd be up for gettin a ride goin on the weekends. I'll shoot you a text next time I'm in jax

#10 ·
Trentyj, sounds like a plan. We had a good time out. The 2 steep hill climbs were a challenge being it rained, 2 of of us got up one of the steep ones. Than just before we were gonna bail, it dumped pretty good. One jeep was heading in to ride as we were leaving, but I had to get something done, so I told him I would havta pass till next weekend. I work during the week, so weekends is my only option. Drop me a text and we can bail over there.

#17 ·
Sounds good. Like I said, it's nothing formal. Nothing huge and no massive amount of vehicles. Just a nice riding area that I have been wheelin for about 3 months to get my fix. I've met some good people out there who are regulars

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using JeepForum

#18 ·
Yesterday 4-20

Met some good people out there yesterday who were wheelin. There was a sick lookin 04 Green Rubi on 35's tearin it up. Very nice ride. Forgot my phone so had no pics. I'm headin back out there now to see who's out there. Nice to know there's alot of locals out there. Nice sequoia out there too. For a Yota...:laugh:

#20 ·
Had a blast this past weekend.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using JeepForum

Attachments

#23 ·
id like to wheel with you guys sometime. i know of someplaces.

heres one near cecil field

#31 ·
thats just one of the more difficult ones, there are tons of washouts like that there ranging in difficulty from easy to crazy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.