Panhandle area wheelin. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Panhandle area wheelin.

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
Disco850
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If the heat works well then I'd lean towards the radiator. Why not knock out the water pump while the radiator is out of the way?

Disco850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco850 View Post
If the heat works well then I'd lean towards the radiator. Why not knock out the water pump while the radiator is out of the way?
Wanna buy me a water pump and I'll do er...

Oh ya, and on a side note. Would it help if I got an auxiliary transmission cooler to remove any heat coming from the fluid of my transmission in the radiator? How hot does transmission fluid actually get before it hits the radiator?

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
Disco850
1993 YJ Wrangler 

A tranny cooler is always a good idea. I honestly have no idea how hot the tranny fluid gets but heat is a transmissions worst enemy. Also I know jeeps are notorious for running warm to hot so maybe you could add an electric fan to the front of the radiator or condenser.and put it on a switch. If you notice the jeep running warm flip the switch and problem solved.

Btw how much is a new water pump it can't be that bad. Also you could stop by Fwb radiator and ask them about your radiator and how to test its efficiency. I believe you can tell if its bad by feeling the temp difference between the two hoses. I've even used a laser thermometer and read the temps directly on the fins of the radiator in different spots. If one area is much cooler than the rest then your radiator has blockage and you need a new one.

Or you could just sell me your jeep and let me fix it lol. Just options ha ha
Disco850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
Jimmy1040
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have seen post with folks talking about wheelin at Eglin AFB. Is this open to the public or must you be in the military? Directions ?
Jimmy1040 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
Rexacon
2007 JK Wrangler 

It's google Jackson Guard in Walton county, u have to go there and get a pass and watch a vid, its $12 for a year pass per person. It's for any one that has a pass. They will give u every thing u need to know about it there.
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #21
omgyesihavethos
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/...5-12-a-1387947
HardRock ride if you're interested
JKU
omgyesihavethos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #22
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexacon View Post
It's google Jackson Guard in Walton county, u have to go there and get a pass and watch a vid, its $12 for a year pass per person. It's for any one that has a pass. They will give u every thing u need to know about it there.
Stop getting the low $12 pass. It only lasts until September, then you have to buy another pass. Get the $20 fishing permit that they have. It lasts for up to a year from the purchase date. And now you can fish out on the rez as long as you also have a FL freshwater fishing permit.

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Unread 08-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
ReelLegend01
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hello people whats up with a club around pensacola area?
ReelLegend01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #24
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

Oh, and on a side note rexacon, Jackson Guard is in Okaloosa county, not Walton. Located in the city of Niceville.

@ReelLegend01-You could always try emeraldcoastjeepers.com . They usually ride out on the Eglin reservation, in between Navarre and Milton; and you would need to get a pass from Jackson Guard, located in Niceville.

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #25
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys i'm up for a ride anytime!

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
Rexacon
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelLegend01
Jacked Up Jeep Club is over that way as well and ride Elgin often, oops my bad I don't live over that a way lol
Unread 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
newjrny
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelLegend01
JUJC is riding at Eglin on Sunday the 12th
newjrny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
joebm83
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelLegend01 View Post
I live on Garson Point... I frequently visit Scavans Point and recently got my eglin pass if you ever wanna go wheelin.. I have been looking forward to exploring the base.
joebm83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #29
ReelLegend01
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebm83

I live on Garson Point... I frequently visit Scavans Point and recently got my eglin pass if you ever wanna go wheelin.. I have been looking forward to exploring the base.
Defitnely down to do sum trail riding.havent lifted my jeep yet and really been trying to keep it out of the mud untell i get my lift installed just cause it sucks working on a muddy undercarige..but sooo down to explore it sum..have you been out there? Is it pretty bad? And how much that pass cost you?
ReelLegend01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I guess yall have heard of mobile swamp? I plan on making a trip out there in a month or so, dont really want to hit any mud but I heard there was a decent course to ride on out there.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.