Osceola National Forest Ride This Weekend - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Osceola National Forest Ride This Weekend

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 08-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Osceola National Forest Ride This Weekend

This saturday or sunday my buddy and I will be going to out Osceola National Forest. Last weekend we installed our snorkels and after some minor tweaking, they appear to be fully sealed and its time to go test it out.

Still ironing out the exact details, but I think we're gonna try and ride out early sunday morning.

For the folks that have been out there before, what part of the park do you recommend? I've stuck primarily around the southeast corner of the park.

2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

make sure you take pictures cause one of these days i'd like to ride there if it's any good thanks!
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

couple of clips of some places out there, this was when we were bone stock. About a year ago. Hoping to find some deeper water this time haha
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
billyzj
1994 ZJ 

:snorkel look nice
billyzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

how was it? thought about camping and wheeling for the olustee civil war re-enactment, but had heard that forest was kinda lame.

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

the videos of it are posted on my fb page. It was fun, lots of trail riding but only found about 3ft of water at the most.

On a positive side I did wipe out about 11 spider webs and each had about a 3lb spider that was subsequently drowned in water haha
Unread 08-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

i just did a quick ride through there yesterday. flat trails with some water holes (soft bottoms), not much mud, although did find a little spot near a pond with some mud. what i didn't feel safe going through, i turned around (some are deep). then we were heading back out on one of the wider trails when a huge storm rolled through. trees were whipping back and forth, throwing stuff at the jeep, i know something hard hit my windshield. it looked like a mini tropical storm, but it was really fun. i did get some video, but it's hard to see anything due to the rain and water splashing up on the windshield. i would definitely like to go back, once the jeep is working properly.

Unread 09-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

ya those storm bands coming through these days can make for some interesting moments. we are gonna try to get back out there once we get some more rain haha
Unread 09-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
rcn11thacr
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you want deeper water then you need to go to the deep creek area of osceola... its been awhile since ive had a vehicle in there but its very deep at times. Last time i went i had a 97 z71 with '35's and had enough water to completely submerge to the windshield wipers. Had to drain out my toolbox lol. It was leaking inside my rear sliding window. Is that deep enough for you? There are areas where entire fences are underwater...ask me how i found that one out. Had to cut the darn fence away from my drivetrain afterwards. Still not sure why there was a fence there, nothing was there such as a home or animals.
rcn11thacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcn11thacr View Post
If you want deeper water then you need to go to the deep creek area of osceola... its been awhile since ive had a vehicle in there but its very deep at times. Last time i went i had a 97 z71 with '35's and had enough water to completely submerge to the windshield wipers. Had to drain out my toolbox lol. It was leaking inside my rear sliding window. Is that deep enough for you? There are areas where entire fences are underwater...ask me how i found that one out. Had to cut the darn fence away from my drivetrain afterwards. Still not sure why there was a fence there, nothing was there such as a home or animals.
Wow, that sounds great. I've got a map of the place, where is this area you're talking about?
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
rcn11thacr
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The area your looking for is located north of the intersection of drew rd and christie/double run rd. Christie is also known as double run rd if you look for it on a map. The actual name of the road you want is ne deep creek lane. It would behoove you to have a map from the game wardens office that shows the graded/non-graded road numbers. Otherwise you can spend lots of gas running all over without knowing where your going Cell phone and gps reception is spotty at best, so come prepaired.
rcn11thacr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.