Orlando Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Orlando Area

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
free78
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Orlando Area

I have a job interview next week in Orlando. If all goes well, will be relocating from Northeast Alabama. What are some good areas to look at outside of Orlando. Not wanting a $300,000 house. Just a nice area with good school. Would prefer to be out of orlando and going towards daytona area. Thanks for any info guys and gals.

free78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Depends. I live in Umatilla, Fl. Which is about 45 minutes from the heart of orlando. It is a good area and we love the schools there. I believe the schools are A schools. and your 15 minutes from the forest but 1 hr from 60 miles from Daytona. Bithlo area is nice, your out of the city but East of orlando and 40 minutes from Daytona. The New Symerna area is nice but not sure about the school life there.
weebejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
mindhunter77
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Altamonte Springs. Really close, like three exits from downtown, yet prices are reasonable.
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
stefanosg
1965 CJ5 

Deland is nice. went to school there
stefanosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
jklanier84
2002 KJ Liberty 

Altamonte is cheap because the traffic is god awful and so are the cops. Just my two cents... Spend a little more time searching in person. If you're able to, maybe rent an apartment for a short while and get to know Orlando's small pocket neighborhoods. Then buy a home. Best of luck!
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
jklanier84
2002 KJ Liberty 

Also, deland is very nice. Steer clear of deltona though... Unless you want only the very best methamphetamine...
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
roniena
JK Wrangler 

Deland is a great location. It's in between the ONF & Orl

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Another thumbs up to DeLand. Close to everything you want to see and a really cool downtown. I escaped Deltona two years ago. The absolute best decision I have ever made.

If you choose DeLand, look up Deltona Lakes realty on Enterprise Road in Orange City. They do sales, but also some real nice rental properties. After almost 17 years of home ownership, I never thought I could rent, much less in a subdivision, but it's been great.
Wordgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.