Off roading around St. Augustine, Fl/Ocala question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Off roading around St. Augustine, Fl/Ocala question

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
pcm0725
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Off roading around St. Augustine, Fl/Ocala question

Does anyone know about any off roading spots near St. Augustine, Fl.? I know you are allowed to drive on the beach, but I kind of want something different. I heard the closest is Ocala National Forest. What type of trails are there, are there mud holes or just dirt roads? Could you tell me what are the best trails there? I was thinking of heading there this weekend if you think it will be worth the trip. Thanks

pcm0725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ocala is pretty much just trail riding with little mud. Some of us are heading there March 28 if you would like to join us. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/ocala-3-28-09-a-702632/

If mud is what you are looking for we are going to Richloam March 15. Might be a little bit of a drive for you though.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/richloam-3-21-09-a-695437/

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
boondocksaint
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ocala is a lot of sand, with some clay and mud...depends on where you go. It's all pretty nice though. Just be careful about gettin too much mud on your heep because you will get a ticket for "tearin up the wetlands" or some **** like that...

White 95 XJ - Jacked up and abused
White 98 XJ - Stock and babied
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
4x4troy
1994 ZJ 

before i sold my 04'tj me and a big group went just about once a month..lake delancy offers good camping and lots of good trail riding..some stuff to flex on alittle too. also in ocala is hard rock,this place is badass for florida.also off 19 there is the mondex...LOTS OF DEEP MUD...very fun.i have a zj now with 8" of lift ,i just gotta fix a few problems with it and i'll be going again here real soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.