Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ocala National Forest 4-3-10

3K views 59 replies 14 participants last post by  jampop1 
#1 ·
let's have another ride!!! but lets ride north side.

#13 ·
A little heads up for ya

The only way you can have guns legally in the ONF is if you have a concealed weapons permit and you can only care a pistol. (EXCEPT HUNTING SEASON) other wise look for some jail/fines if you get caught.

There is a shooting range its 8 miles west of 19 on sr 40. there is a big fire watch tower in front of the road (88). If you come from 19 then 88 is to your right and the tower will be to your left you can miss the tower. Go down 88 150-200 yards on your right will be the gun range and here is also a link to the ONF map.

Link:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/ocala/maps/documents/24x32_SunCon_ocala.pdf

#16 ·
They do according to FWC's site but don't specify a general or direct method of what or how to take them. If you are in the ONF during closed gun season with a firearm & don't have any special permits & get caught by an official it won't be good.

Enter at your own risk. :D

#25 ·
I don't want to hijack the thread or anything but would any of you guys be interested in a Sunday ride? I have to work saturday but me and the GF have sunday off, we'll be camping out there saturday night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.