Need to press U-Joints in Jax - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Need to press U-Joints in Jax

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
Locked32114
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Are you and the black 4dr going to make it down sunday?

Locked32114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked32114 View Post
Are you and the black 4dr going to make it down sunday?
dude with the black 4dr is on the fence, his brother is coming into town and he wants to show him a good time. Been in his ear about coming down to hardrock bc that will def be fun. Probably won't get a firm answer from him till friday/sat.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So forgive my ignorance, I'm still a Jeep newb. But how does this work? You guys make the trip out there, spend the weekend? Camp? Someone's house? Then all roll back to you're prospective residences? Sounds like something I could get down with.
Unread 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #19
Locked32114
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's about a 1 1/2 hour drive for me from Daytona. I usually go for the day, then head home!

I started a new thread, we're getting some people together for a trip this Sunday.
Locked32114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked32114 View Post
It's about a 1 1/2 hour drive for me from Daytona. I usually go for the day, then head home!

I started a new thread, we're getting some people together for a trip this Sunday.
about 2 hrs from JTB in Jax. I go for the day as well, get back around 5-6ish, wash the jeep and have a few beers
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ahhhh ok. I was hoping I didn't have to grab my E-Tool & dig a fighting position. <---Marine joke.

Funny story. I was feeling adventurous today and took the Jeep over to the sand pit across from the FSCJ on Beach. San Perkes I believe it's called. I hadn't been back in there too deep, since I just yesterday got 4wd back. Anyways, I'm crawlin back in there and it's getting narrower by the foot. They were looking more like 4wheeler trails. All of a sudden this little grey tj comes flying out of one the trails in reverse. It seriously looked like someone fired it out of a slingshot. He burries the rear end on a sand pile and hops out to say hello. I ask him how it looks, and he says no way for him, but I could swing it. He was bone stock. He then goes to leave, and he's going nowhere. He then dismounts his tj again, and this is what occurs.
Mike: You gonna go back there?
Me: Nah, gotta work in an hour.
Mike: Aight. You mind giving me a hand with this situation?
Me: Ha, yeah lemme pull back around ya.
Me: Mike, you gotta chain or strap?
Mike: Of course I don't.
Me: Alright, I've got a chain. But for the record, we should not be using a chain at all, agreed?
Mike: At this point man, I could give a sh*t.
Me: Very well. Hook up.
Me: You're one lucky f*cker, aren't you? Who knew, I'd just show up outta nowhere?
Mike: Lucky day, man. Lucky day.

So I pull him out, and ask him if he's heard of jeepforum. "Jeepwhat?" he says. So I wrote the site down for him, and tell him to join up. I found the entire incident pretty amusing. I wonder if some stranger will just appear when I get stuck at 3pm on a Wednesday. I hope so.

Mike, if you've joined up and are reading this. It was great to meet ya!
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #22
Mike1114
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly I meet people that way all the time. In the middle of the woods by myself, stuck usually.

I was all the way out in inverness one day random spot I saw a trail off the road. I was bone stock got stuck and by the time it got dark, about 10 people appeard out of nowhere. A few on ATV's and some I tracked down along the main road to see if they could pull me out.

Karma, help others out stuck in the middle of nowhere and hopefully it comes back to help you one day!
Mike1114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

There's a guy here in town who drives a slightly lifted YJ, nickname is gold brick. He def might be someone you run across.

last two times he came out with us, he broke his drive shaft.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.