last evening's fun in jax - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > last evening's fun in jax

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 08-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

last evening's mud fun in jax

So last night when all the rain came through, I figured it'd be fun to see what kind of water has accumulated. Went to a place I know can fill up with water and we found the deep part. Having just installed my snorkel I was feeling good about the depth of any water we came across, didn't account for the really deep rut that was on the bottom about 60% of the way to the other end. Any ways I got hungup real bad, buddy with his Jku couldn't pull me out. I couldn't winch myself forward bc of this rut blocking my from axle. I put the winch through all kinds of stress, it actually ended pulling the Jku closer to me by about 3ft.

Well I finally got out when we got a Jku Rubicon on 37's with a supercharger on it to come out. He just hooked up my tow strap and pulled me right out. Will have some videos up soon.

2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

At the end you see me just plop right down into the rut.

Needed a running start, did that after and his tires which are the narrow 32's I have just dug a hole in the mud. He almost got stuck himself.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Got the running start here, didn't make a difference. Come to find out the axle was completely blocked by this rut. Need some much much bigger tires.
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Supercharged Rubicon on 37's pulled me right out. When he got there I had been stuck for a while and was def ready to be unstuck, drain out the jeep, and stop the slow creep of mud inside.

That's what his rig looks like, freaking huge!

Pretty sweet water line I picked up

collected some mud, winch did its best to pull me through solid muddy earth, just wasn't meant to be lol.
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wheres that place at?

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looked like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
wheres that place at?
It's in Southside not but a few minutes away from tinseltown movie theater

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.