Jeepers in Miami? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Jeepers in Miami?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #181
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just got back from camping

[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #182
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Where did you go camping at?
motorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #183
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsports3 View Post
Where did you go camping at?
Collier-Seminole State Park... Has anybody been offroading at Big Cypress? I heard aboutit from the ranger station?
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #184
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

there are some beautiful trails in the loxahatchee, west palm beach area.... some of it are private but worth ther ride.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #185
Stareye13
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had some friends go out to Bear Island about 24 Jeep from South Florida Jeep Club. They really enjoyed it, everyone was able to ride even the stock Jeeps, but it was dry. If it gets too wet, the ride might be a bit more difficult.
Love to hear there are other campers out there. We go camping at least 3 times a year. We go to the Big Cypress, Everglades National Park & peace River. I would love to find some new spots. How was Collier-Seminole Park?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Collier-Seminole State Park... Has anybody been offroading at Big Cypress? I heard aboutit from the ranger station?
Stareye13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #186
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stareye13 View Post
I had some friends go out to Bear Island about 24 Jeep from South Florida Jeep Club. They really enjoyed it, everyone was able to ride even the stock Jeeps, but it was dry. If it gets too wet, the ride might be a bit more difficult.
Love to hear there are other campers out there. We go camping at least 3 times a year. We go to the Big Cypress, Everglades National Park & peace River. I would love to find some new spots. How was Collier-Seminole Park?
It was actually pretty nice. The hiking/mountain bike trails are still closed because of the eagles and there's no jeep trails (they told me to go tpo big cypress when I asked) but Its a nice place to go with family etc. Pretty decent playground/facilities and a little area for kayaks and boats and whatnot.
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #187
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Im looking for a primitive camping spot in SFL, anyone know some good spots?
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #188
freegdr
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsports3 View Post
Im looking for a primitive camping spot in SFL, anyone know some good spots?
holey land?
freegdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #189
Stareye13
2012 JK Wrangler 

There are a bunch of primitive spots out in The Big Cypress you can find the info on their site www.nps.gov/bicy/
Also, you could find some primitive spots out on Loop road behind Monroe Station on Tamiami Trail. Peace River is a nice place; you must canoe all your gear out to your primitive site. Many outfitters will rent you the canoes if you do not have one.
You could find many cool spots in Everglades National Park that are waterfront, elevated chickee huts on the water or even beach sites. They are all accessible by small vessels such as canoes, kayaks, or small flats boats. These are trips for serious campers & everyone must check in with the rangers to advise them when you go out & expect to come back. I do not recommend this kind of camping unless you know how to use navigation charts, are aware of tides & know how to navigate. Florida's mangrove islands are a winding maze, beautiful, but everything can look similar & it is easy to get lost. My husband & I are planning a short trip to Hell's Bay in Everglades National Park, which is supposedly a shorter trip. I want to squeeze in one more camping trip this year before the weather gets warm & the skeeters get crazy!
Stareye13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #190
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Wow all of that sounds awesome. I have been to Elliot Key before and Bahia Honda, they were nice but not as secluded as we want and way to many skeeters, lol. ENP looks nice but we want to be able to access with our Jeeps. Im going to look into Big Cypress right now. Those spots on Loop Rd, are they a camp site, or just somewhere that people stay? Any place I could get more info on it.

Thanks BTW
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #191
freegdr
1989 XJ Cherokee 

might find info here...http://www.nps.gov/ever/forteachers/looproad.htm
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #192
arodd
2012 JK Wrangler 

so what are the locations of the places near miami to go? I just got stationed here. Also what are the recommended mods to have in these places.
arodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #193
freegdr
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodd View Post
so what are the locations of the places near miami to go? I just got stationed here. Also what are the recommended mods to have in these places.
camping or muding????????
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #194
arodd
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegdr View Post
camping or muding????????
Off roading. I wanted to go to the Everglades but figured I needed a snorkel and a winch. This is my first jeep. All of this is new to me.
arodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #195
freegdr
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodd View Post
Off roading. I wanted to go to the Everglades but figured I needed a snorkel and a winch. This is my first jeep. All of this is new to me.
there a few place you can go to get some beginner time in,your jeep pretty much stock i gather,need at least hooks front and rear and a good recovery strap not the tow straps they sell a snatch strap at least 3 inh by 20 ft next weekend theres a couple of us getting together saturday 3/17/2012 your more than welcome to join

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.