JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Florida Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/)
-   -   Jeep Mechanic in South Florida? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/jeep-mechanic-south-florida-1511996/)

sobewrangler37 04-20-2013 01:31 PM

Jeep Mechanic in South Florida?
 
Hey all,
I've been trying to find the best Jeep mechanic down here in South Florida. I may be re-gearing my jeep, as well as considering installing some parts that I don't have the time to install myself. I have no idea what shop down here has good rep, so let me know!

Cheers

motorsports3 04-26-2013 02:07 AM

Give my friends over at Inspired Engineering a call. They are in Miami and do some good work. (305)814-5331.

Rich G 06-02-2013 07:21 PM

Mean Max is in Stuart

mrsig 06-03-2013 03:17 AM

A lot of guys in my club use 4 Wheel parts in Miami for gears and things we can't do our self. He gives our club members great discounts too. We have a show and shine there on Saturday. Come on by and talk to them.
3383 N.W. 167th St. Miami Gardens, FL 33056
786-267-6550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f333/...-13-a-1531289/

Florida_Model 11-12-2013 10:22 AM

Anything NOT in Miami? Im in west broward (Sunrise/Plantation) and need to get a suspension installed as well as some new tires. Only people Ive spoken to have been the guys over at Morris where I was planning on ordering my lift; either 2" Nitro Skyjacker BB or 2.5" Skyjacker Standard Lift.

bnatt78 11-13-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Model
Anything NOT in Miami? Im in west broward (Sunrise/Plantation) and need to get a suspension installed as well as some new tires. Only people Ive spoken to have been the guys over at Morris where I was planning on ordering my lift; either 2" Nitro Skyjacker BB or 2.5" Skyjacker Standard Lift.

There are a couple you can deal with. That can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

mrsig 11-13-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Model (Post 17641297)
Anything NOT in Miami? Im in west broward (Sunrise/Plantation) and need to get a suspension installed as well as some new tires. Only people Ive spoken to have been the guys over at Morris where I was planning on ordering my lift; either 2" Nitro Skyjacker BB or 2.5" Skyjacker Standard Lift.

You should stay away from that kind of lifts. 4 WP is only 20 min from Sunrise and worth the drive.

Florida_Model 11-13-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsig (Post 17663649)
You should stay away from that kind of lifts. 4 WP is only 20 min from Sunrise and worth the drive.

Thats 25mi away, but if its worth the drive I'll make it. Why should I shy away from those lifts? Are you referring to the brand or type b/c they are two different set ups.. Im open to suggestions.

-Chris

mrsig 11-14-2013 02:58 AM

Skyjacker is not know for making good lifts for the JK. If you read the forums it is a low end lift when there are so many better ones out there. @ members of my club have them and had nothing but problems with them. Now one has RE and the other has Terra flex.

bnatt78 11-14-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsig
Skyjacker is not know for making good lifts for the JK. If you read the forums it is a low end lift when there are so many better ones out there. @ members of my club have them and had nothing but problems with them. Now one has RE and the other has Terra flex.

Word of advice," After seeing what he puts his jeep through." I would listen!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Florida_Model 11-14-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsig (Post 17692641)
Skyjacker is not know for making good lifts for the JK. If you read the forums it is a low end lift when there are so many better ones out there. @ members of my club have them and had nothing but problems with them. Now one has RE and the other has Terra flex.

I have an '02 TJ, did their QC get worse for the JK or is there something else you would recommend for my model year?

-Chris

bnatt78 11-15-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Model
I have an '02 TJ, did their QC get worse for the JK or is there something else you would recommend for my model year? -Chris

I had an 06 LJ. I will tell you with the JK, it is different then the your TJ. For the QC, I would just go talk to them. They know Mr. Sig very well.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

j_bydesign 11-22-2013 10:12 AM

Terraflex has a pretty solid lift for the JK... my brother has been beating on one for two years without any problems... only thing you need to really look at is swapping out the front drive shaft if your going up... the stock CV shaft can not handle the increased angle... Tom Woods has a great kit for swapping it out... good luck with your build.

Florida_Model 11-23-2013 07:34 AM

Its a TJ, but yea I'm between the Skyjacker Sport Kit and the RE kit w/ Bilstein 5100s. Didn't realize install was going to be so pricey though.

bnatt78 11-24-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Model
Its a TJ, but yea I'm between the Skyjacker Sport Kit and the RE kit w/ Bilstein 5100s. Didn't realize install was going to be so pricey though.

My opinion is to go with R.E. I only have seen them on more jeeps! From what I saw and heard the ride is better.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum


The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.