Jan. 23, 2010 - Charity Poker Run - FL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > Jan. 23, 2010 - Charity Poker Run - FL

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Karnuvore

Jan. 23, 2010 - Charity Poker Run - FL

Some of you might know my name from a few jeep forums. For those of you who dont, I'm Dave. I'm a pain in the ***, but I keep em smiling.

Our jeep club, the Jacked Up Jeep Club, is about to put on it's very first ever event. Our club has only been in existence for a year and some change and to this date the most we've organized is a freaking garage sale. We are idiots. I'll say that right up front.

BUT - we do have good intentions; which is why I am posting.

We are organizing a Poker run for a special lil girl. I am going to attach a letter her mother sent to us and her picture. To date, all we have is a DATE: January 23, 2010. The event will begin in Winter Haven, FL and end in Lake Wales FL. (Hopefully) typical poker run w/ prizes for winners. ALL proceed will go to the lil girl and her family.

Anyways, I will update this thread as I get details. And please remember, we are a buncha dumb hicks throwing together the biggest event our podunk lil club could imagine throwing - so bear w/ us.

Here is the mother's letter and picture of Lacey:

In July of 1999 Lacey was born in Winter Haven, FL. She was immediately flown to Tampa General's NICU. After 2 weeks of intense testing the doctor's diagnosed her with King Syndrome. She is only the 3rd child to be born in the US with this syndrome. The doctor's said she would never live. At 3 weeks old she had her first surgery, this was to stitch down her diaphragm to allow her lung to work. This surgery was unsuccessful, so Lacey had to be on oxygen 24 hrs a day. Lacey's spine was crushing her lung, causing her to have chronic respiratory insufficiency. She had contractures of all her joints, causing her to be unable to raise her arms, walk or crawl. She also had severe kypho scoliosis, webbing of the neck, severe hearing loss, hypoglycemia, malignant hyperthermia, failure to thrive, a severe club foot and a vertical tailus. At 1 year old she had 3 surgeries to help correct her feet. She also had to have 2 surgeries on her hips. When she was 3 years old she was still on oxygen and on a bi-pap machine to help her breathe. Her lung doctor told us her condition was getting worse & if something wasn't done we could lose her. Her spine was now at a 86 degree curviture, & it was crushing her lung and in to her pelvic bone. No one in Florida could help her so they got us in contact with a doctor in Texas who had invented a surgery they thought might save Lacey's life. In Sept of 2002 when we flew out to meet with the team of doctor's Lacey was 3 years old and only weighed 18 lbs. The doctors agreed to do the surgery if Lacey had a feeding tube placed to help her gain some weight and a port so they could access her IV's since her veins were not very good. We came home & Lacey had both of those surgeries. In April of 2003 we flew back to Texas for the Titanium Rib Implant. Lacey was in a coma & on a respirator for 9 days. We were able to fly her back home a month later. The surgery helped and she was able to eventually come off of the bi-pap and is only on oxygen at night and when she is sick. Lacey had a great desire to walk and once again there was no one in Florida who could help her. Through the doctor in Texas we were able to find a surgeon who could help her but he was in Seattle. In May of 2007 we flew out and met with him and he scheduled her surgery for Oct. of 2007. She had 2 surgeries on her legs in Seattle, and we were able to bring her home 1 week before Christmas. Lacey is now able to do some walking with the help of a walker. She has now had a total of 25 surgeries & we travel every 6 months to Texas for surgery on her spine. She will continue to have surgery every 6 months for the next 7-8 years. The travel cost is an average of $3,000 - $5,000 every 6 months. Lacey requires oxygen on the plane which is $400 each trip, we rent a car and are usually in a hotel for about 2 weeks. We also have to eat each meal out or at the hospital. Lacey is a precious child with a positive attitude.

Thank you so much for considering Lacey for this fundraiser. This will truly be a blessing to her and our family.

Last edited by Karnuvore; 10-12-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Karnuvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
jimmyzzer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

there is a group of us coming from orlando jeep club

Last edited by jimmyzzer; 01-13-2010 at 04:32 PM..
jimmyzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

bump.....I really hope some Jeepers will be there to support this little girl and her family

come on FLORIDA GUYS
tkob1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

guys you can enter a raffle now to help this little girl out now and win a great product, here is the link

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/l...r-help-885141/
tkob1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Alvy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good to see you here Dave!! You're just mad cuz your stuff didn't sell in the garage sale!!! J/K, Awesome that you posted the event here too!!!
1993 YJ, AX15, 4.0L, 8.8 LSD w/3.73's, Lock-rite locker in front, S.O.A. JB4x4 high steer bracket, BrandonYJ 1" Booms, Rugged Ridge SS S.Y.E. XJ drive shaft, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's, Chevy Cavy seats, woods camo paint, 200,000 miles and still goin strong!
1993 Cherokee Country AW4,4.0L, 3.55's, 4" blocks in back, 4" TJ springs front, 31x10.50 BFG A/T, Ford Red paint, recently finished with 4wd conversion
Alvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Karnuvore

Ive posted this event on more forums than I can remember. I am now an official member of a jeep club in California lol.
Karnuvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
01silverTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like a great fundraiser. I live in sarasota and I am in me and my diesel jeep will be there
01silverTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Shamrock1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for a good cause.
Shamrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Ingle47
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Need more details on whats going on with this

Do you have a places yet and times

[COLOR="Black"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"]'05 Black WK Limited 4.7 /2" Daystar Poly/ rooftop tent/ cobra 29 ltb classic/ 265-75-17 Dynapro MTs/ Procomp 7" driving lights/ Saguaro switch panel/ 1.5" ws/ SuperChip/ [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Blue"]'99 Blue WJ 4.7 / Stock[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]'89 YJ 4.2 /SOA/ 35-12.50-15 Tsl/ Cobra 29 LTB Classic/ XRC8/ Tube Fenders/ Side Armor/ 8.8" rear/ 1.25 WS/ [/COLOR]
Ingle47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #10
Shamrock1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It will start on January 23, 2010 at 11:00 am and will begin at Hurricane Grill & Wings located at 6370 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884. For updates go to jacked-up-jeepclub.com.
Shamrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
Shamrock1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for a good cause.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.