Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Central florida trail runs

3K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  sourskittle 
#1 ·
Are there any central florida trail runs coming up?

#6 ·
where in central florida are you?

orlandojeepclub.com
they have an organized trail ride usually once a month...the next one is mid-february. family oriented club run by nice people.

jeepers den on east s.r. 50 (bithlo)...call and ask for mike

floridajeepers.net
many folks in central florida on that site...they ride all the time.

#7 ·
Id like to know of any trails too. I know there are many clubs,like mid florida jeep club,but i am just looking for some trails to ride when im bored, not the big trail rides the clubs usually do.I know tiger bay has some roads you can ride, but there not really meant for that and there not trails.I live in Deltona,and i dont want to be trespassing on any private land.any one?

#9 ·
It's hard wheeling in central florida unless you know somebody that owns a lot of land in the boondocks.

Ocala nat'l forest used to be good but they closed much of the wheeling trails down and you can only ride on marked trails now.:(

I'm only 5 minutes from Jeeper's Den and have been thinking about joining the club. :)

#13 ·
Could always get a few people to meet up in Ocala and spend the whole day driving around.

And trust me, there's no way you could even dream of hitting every trail in one day.

#15 ·
new to the area, what's Richloam? looked online and figured out its a city up near deltona i guess... is it mud trails and puddles or just fun trails... im trying to find something fun to do on the weekends now that they closed off that nifty place near 50 and 520... :(

#16 ·
Richloam Wildlife Management Area is one of seven large tracts of land that make up the Withlacoochee State Forest. The Richloam Tract, consisting of more than 56,000 acres, is located in Hernando, Pasco, Sumter, and Lake counties. Pine flatwoods with scattered oak hammocks, bottomland hardwoods, and cypress swamp are the main natural communities on this area. Hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, camping, horseback riding, hiking, and bicycling are popular recreational activities on Richloam. There are eight miles of shared trails for horseback riding, bicycling, and hiking, as well as three loop hiking trails ranging in length from 9.4 to 13.6 miles. The Little Withlacoochee River flows through the northwestern half of the wildlife management area.

There are some pretty nasty holes out there. I suggest you don't go alone or get caught off the marked trails. I'll upload and post some pics.

Heres a map: http://www.infosports.com/parks/FL/369117.html

#31 ·
Thanks.

I'll let you guys know when I go also. Yesterday I went to Osceola National Forest (scouting out spots for spring turkey season) -- I had never been there, but there are some pretty decent trails. I really wasn't planning on offroading, but the temptation was too great!

I recently moved to this area, and I haven't had the chance to scout some good trails,but I have heard that Ocala Nat'l Forest has good trails too.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for a PM since I've really been wanting to do a trail ride. :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.