.....any jeepers in Sarasota? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > .....any jeepers in Sarasota?

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 04-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #61
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hit me up next time you all plan on goin back there.

Unread 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #62
markjolly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This weekends carnage.. Went mudding during the day on 64 and behind Norms saturday night. Then went to northern Palmetto behind Fed-Ex. Blew out my rear spider gears climbing a hill. At least im pretty sure it was the spiders. I was able to put it in 4H and drive home.. So i dont think its the axle shaft or tranny.
image-1293654229.jpg   image-1505392448.jpg   image-848880256.jpg   image-1136207920.jpg   image-1704794345.jpg  

image-2614749891.jpg   image-117047333.jpg  
markjolly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #63
FelonyPimping
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've been to that spot by FedEx. I actually live 5 minutes from there. Next you head out there hit me up! It's a pretty cool spot to play around at. I'd love to check out those other spots with you guys too. I think I'm done travelling for a bit so I should be around.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #64
markjolly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh nice. That was my first time out there and of course i break something... I just don't have the right gearing. Im going to buy new spider gears off eBay and try and get it back running as a dd. after that ill save until i have enough money for an 8.8 rear geared to 4:88 and regear the front as well. But yeah ill definitely try and get in touch next time i go out.. Wasn't really thinking this weekend.. Still kinda new to jeep forum.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #65
FelonyPimping
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjolly View Post
Oh nice. That was my first time out there and of course i break something... I just don't have the right gearing. Im going to buy new spider gears off eBay and try and get it back running as a dd. after that ill save until i have enough money for an 8.8 rear geared to 4:88 and regear the front as well. But yeah ill definitely try and get in touch next time i go out.. Wasn't really thinking this weekend.. Still kinda new to jeep forum.

Ouch! I was actually out of town over the weekend so no worries. This weekend I'll be around if you're back together. BTW, a Ford 8.8 is something like $325 after returning your core from this junk yard up here in Palmetto. You're d35 is an acceptable core return. I was going to put one in my Wrangler but I've moved on and it's for sale, the Wrangler not an 8.8.

PM me here on JeepForum next time you're thinking of heading. I get emailed when I get a PM so I'll get it on my phone.
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #66
markjolly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelonyPimping

Ouch! I was actually out of town over the weekend so no worries. This weekend I'll be around if you're back together. BTW, a Ford 8.8 is something like $325 after returning your core from this junk yard up here in Palmetto. You're d35 is an acceptable core return. I was going to put one in my Wrangler but I've moved on and it's for sale, the Wrangler not an 8.8.

PM me here on JeepForum next time you're thinking of heading. I get emailed when I get a PM so I'll get it on my phone.
Oh ok. It might be. I get paid friday so ill be buying the gears then. I'll look into that.. I was actually thinking about getting one from here. http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-276...-assembly.html
ill be able to put the options i want on it and be able to bolt it in. I don't have the tools, time, or mechanical abilities to refurbish an axle and weld trusses on it myself, and ECGS will build it to my specifications so i think this is the better option in my current situation
Unread 05-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #67
dep48
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sorry ive not been talking much. working alot. but my jeep is down at this time. blew a heater hose. just replaced it along with the heat =er core. now ive got heat and defrost. next step ? still have some other things that need done.
dep48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #68
dep48
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Feel like going to power lines friday and play around
Anybody up to it
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #69
dep48
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody going out today to hit the dirty mud. Taking the kids out today. Power lines and fed ex . Give me a shout
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #70
dep48
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just got home from palmetto and power lines
Had a blast

2012-06-09-18.22.09.jpg

2012-06-09-18.21.14.jpg

2012-06-09-18.22.22.jpg
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #71
omgyesihavethos
2008 JK Wrangler 

we have a thread to travel to Ocala HardRock this weekend, the 14-15. camping on sat and wheeling on sunday. you guys are more than welcome to come
omgyesihavethos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #72
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sry ocala is to far but i know of a good place on lwr blvd if anyone wants to go tommorow
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #73
OhSethiO
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I cant wait to get back to FL.... I'll be in the Sarasota/Port Charlotte area after my enlistment is up.
USN Hull #195
OhSethiO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #74
05TJS
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Sarasota Jeepers

Anyone wheel in Yorkshire (North Port area)? I have taken the Jeep there before, great variety (mud, sugar sand, stream crossings, tight/steep grades). Best part is that its all open and some parts are paved, I see 4 wheelers and trucks there each time I go. I live in Sarasota, however I would really like to meet up and wheel just about anywhere. Below is a picture from Yorkshire, this "pond" is a sand dune in the winter.
jeep.jpeg  
05TJS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #75
05TJS
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ssquier92, how do you like the MTR's, im thinking of upgrading my A/Ts to the 31x10.5x16 MTRs
05TJS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.