.....any jeepers in Sarasota? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Florida Jeep Forum > .....any jeepers in Sarasota?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
currdog
2009 JK Wrangler 

In Bradenton area here. Would love to find that spot behind Normans, even if its just doing donuts in a sandbox, its better than riding the pavement. Plus with the price of gas, heading out of town to ride is becoming a major investment.

There's a spot down in Northport that I ride at with a couple of guys (JKs and TJS). its got some decent sand trails and a few mud pits. Nothing technical, but still fun.

currdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The spot behind Normans is pretty obvious. Just follow the power lines.
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #18
currdog
2009 JK Wrangler 

thanks. I'll swing out that way soon.

Few of us headed out to wheel in Northport on Saturday. Meeting at Racetrac at I-75 and Fruitville at 12pm if anyone is interested.
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #19
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

....still puttin' my jeepster back together. I changed out the windshield frame (rusted), and cracked windshield. She's almost back together....just tinkerin' with her, between jobs, at work. All I started to do, was change out the dash speakers....and it turned into a major project.....I just can't leave anything alone......lol.
Unread 03-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would go but I'm running on fumes. Also what channel does everyone use on your cb?
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
currdog
2009 JK Wrangler 

No worries. looks like most my other rides bailed too. going to check out Normans tomorrow. Will try again after spring break and easter.

Would love to get a group of regulars together in Manatee/Sarasota that know of some local spots. We're in a bit of a dead zone with a lot north of Tampa, and stuff down south of Ft. Myers.
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

.....yeah, I'd like to get a bunch of us (Manatee/Sarasota area locals) together too....we should work on that....
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #23
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Im free this sat we should do it.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

....gotta work, dude....but, I would like to get some of us local jeepers together, ya know? Maybe organize rides, or cookouts....stuff like that. Just chill, hang out, wrench....whatever....
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Post up some pics of your jeeps so if we see eachother we can know

image-1011574829.jpg
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

....I don't think I can post any pics yet....but I have some older pics in my profile....
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #27
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Tell me a description of ehat your rig looks like.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #28
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just looked at your profile i cant believe i havent seen your jeep before
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #29
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

....white, TJ pocket flares, black top...when it's on...black wheels, 33's....black grille....skull decals above the jeep decals, on the fenders....spring over lift. That's about it, I think. I work at Lanning Tire, on McIntosh....I'm the tech there....it's there....when I'm not on the bike.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

....she looks way better now, lol...that was when I first got her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.