Where to ride near Blarsville? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Where to ride near Blarsville?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
rob309

Where to ride near Blarsville?

I'm headed to Blairsville next weekend for a short vacation, and I'm looking for places to ride. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. If anyone else will be in the area riding that weekend and doesn't mind another jeep tagging along let me know. I have about 3"'s of lift and an 8k winch.

rob309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
nwedgar
1974 CJ5 

Beasley Knob is the best out there near Blairsville.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf/...a/?recid=10533
nwedgar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
rob309

I know of Beasley but I've always heard not to go at it alone still being a novice. Are there any good forestry roads, with some type of obstacles? I've seen Bell mountain and Tray mountain mentioned near Hiawasee, but need directions to the trail head, and was wondering if they are open to jeeps. I will be bringing my wife along for her first time offloading, so I'm looking for some mild to medium stuff. Thanks.
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
nwedgar
1974 CJ5 

I think you can also get the Forest Service Roads maps online for free. Haven't use them myself. I'm not familiar enough to talk Bell or Tray mountains.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/conf/maps-pubs
nwedgar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Hey i dont know if you got my last message in another thread rob, i will probably be heading to Beasley or some kind of off road adventure on Sunday. I have a friend riding with me, i will be in the blairesville area though all week so just give me a shout, and if u want to ride on sunday, we would love to have ya!!!
Spideracdc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Hey i dont know if you got my last message in another thread rob, i will probably be heading to Beasley or some kind of off road adventure on Sunday. I have a friend riding wit aeqqzaqh me, i will be in the blairesville area though all week so just give me a shout, and if u want to ride on sunday, we would love to have ya!!!
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
rob309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideracdc1
Hey i dont know if you got my last message in another thread rob, i will probably be heading to Beasley or some kind of off road adventure on Sunday. I have a friend riding wit aeqqzaqh me, i will be in the blairesville area though all week so just give me a shout, and if u want to ride on sunday, we would love to have ya!!!
Thanks for the offer, I will definitely run it by the boss. Let me know where you plan on going, I just might be able to join ya.
Unread 09-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Hey man i do believe i must change my plans for wheelin this weekend. Instead we will be going Friday evening up to Bell Mtn. This trip is pretty short but be a great test and a sample of the mtn riding. There an easy way and a hard, I'll be traveling the hard to see is i can. The easy is still very challenging and its short so if u wanted it would only take an hour of your time. The view from the top is GORGEOUS and if u decide to come bring spray paint!!!! U will regret that u didn't. I can text or call if u want?
Unread 09-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
rob309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideracdc1
Hey man i do believe i must change my plans for wheelin this weekend. Instead we will be going Friday evening up to Bell Mtn. This trip is pretty short but be a great test and a sample of the mtn riding. There an easy way and a hard, I'll be traveling the hard to see is i can. The easy is still very challenging and its short so if u wanted it would only take an hour of your time. The view from the top is GORGEOUS and if u decide to come bring spray paint!!!! U will regret that u didn't. I can text or call if u want?
What time tomorrow night? I just got to Blairsville a few minutes ago. I'm definitely interested.
Unread 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

We were thinkin 4:30-6 before nightfall the trail is about 10 min. From bville, my # is ********* if ya interested. I have 10 lights on jeep if ya wanna go later im off at 3:30 2morrow.

Last edited by Spideracdc1; 09-28-2012 at 05:02 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.