Where can I find my off-road fix somewhere close to Atlanta, GA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Where can I find my off-road fix somewhere close to Atlanta, GA?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
pmarascal
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Where can I find my off-road fix somewhere close to Atlanta, GA?

I go to school down in Atlanta and I finally got my jeep fixed up enough to where I drove it down this semester from NY. I know there is some parks a few hours away, and I could take the hour and a half drive up north to find some dirt trails and stuff. But I know there has gotta be a place, even if its just a small dirt road within say a half hour of Atlanta?

I have an aunt who lives in smyrna, but even that is all built up suburbs. It's time like this when I miss living in the country back home where I can go through the fields behind my house to get a little dirty. Does anyone out there have an address or a road that is legal where I can get a little dirty, close to downtown Atlanta?

pmarascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

come to gwinnett county. we are about 30 min from downtown.
join our facebook group.
do you go to GT?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...50974094947531

we have an event coming up next month to go to north ga
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141513505909146
1997 TJ - 4.25 lift, 4.88, D30 w/ Detroit, D44 w/ Superior'ed Detroit and 33 spline shafts, Currie track bar, Warn XD9000i, Currie Tire Carrier, full armor and tube fenders, full custom trunk, Tom Woods shafts, AA SYE, Currie control arms, and Rigid lights. BIG BLACK is my baby.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Most everywhere legal is an hour+ away from the city. Not the best state for ORV. Not to knock on LiveandLearn because he may be in the right but make sure you see some kind of permission before you follow people onto someones private land (or power line roads, ect). I am in law enforcement and a lot of agencies around ATL don't do well with the illegal off road thing.
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gwinnett cracked down on Peachtree Industrial powerlines, but there are places like Union Grove and Windamere where 40+ people go every weekend. my mom is law enforcement as well. and yes, I have gotten a ticket for trespassing while offroading lol but that was a long time ago, and I have learned alot about respecting land and people. There are some amazing places around atlanta, especially in gwinnett and hall.
1997 TJ - 4.25 lift, 4.88, D30 w/ Detroit, D44 w/ Superior'ed Detroit and 33 spline shafts, Currie track bar, Warn XD9000i, Currie Tire Carrier, full armor and tube fenders, full custom trunk, Tom Woods shafts, AA SYE, Currie control arms, and Rigid lights. BIG BLACK is my baby.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
pmarascal
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I go to GT, I might join up with your group on facebook, I'm just starting to look into the clubs and stuff down here. Everything was crazy here with that ice storm and all, I drove through it Sunday night haha, an empty 6 lane highway sounded fun to me

Anyway I might join up with you guys sometime, but still looking for a place I can go with my buddy or 2 for an hour or 2 and just get my fix. Where exactly are these union grove or Windamere places? Or I guess 'what' are they, just old dirt trail roads or is it like a hard to find property or something I'm going to need one of you locals to be with?

I'm just to used to the country in NY where we don't have any ORV parks or anything, but theres old hunting state roads and trails everywhere. But thanks guys its a start.
pmarascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.