Wheelin' in the CSRA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Wheelin' in the CSRA

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
augTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wheelin' in the CSRA

New to Jeeps and to Jeep Forum.

Looking for somewhere in the CSRA to go play with my new (to me) '03 TJ. Any suggestions?

augTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
krawlerjeep
1974 CJ5 

There really arent any good places to go in the csra. I have live here my whole lifeand there were plenty of places. If you dont mind the drive there is Durhamtown in Union Point, Riverrock in Milledgeville, and Gulches in Laurens,SC. If I hear of anything I'll let you know. I have a 99 tj on 33's other than that stock. There is a local club call Jeep Masters of Augusta might check there website.
krawlerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
augTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the quick response...even though it is disappointing.
I have heard that Gulches is cool and guess I will have to make the drive to Laurens soon. I will also have to check into Durhamtown and Riverrock. Do you have a favorite?
I have seen the Jeep Masters website but I didn't see any info about places to ride. Are you a member?
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
krawlerjeep
1974 CJ5 

No I am not a member of Jeep Masters I havent been to any of the trails I told you about use to go to Tellico years ago. I just bought my Tj recently after selling a cj I was building. I have 2 young boys and wanted something a little safer. If you decide to go to gulches let me know, I live in Evans so it would be great to have someone to go with instead of by my self. Just pm me.
krawlerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Durhamtown plantation is mainly for dirt bikes and four wheelers. Mike recently added some areas for trucks etc though but I have not gotten a chance to check them out. As far as dirt bikes and quads though, you cannot find a place better IMO.

Gulches is sweet for sure. Lots to do and they really help you get started wheeling. Since you havent gone out there before they will have a ranger show you around. There are maps and signs with difficulty ratings as well as a lot of one ways for safety. Skip has done a great job with it and there is tons of fun for rigs and drivers no matter what capability level.

You can find lots of video on both places on youtube. I just posted some pictures from Gulches here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...82/index3.html If you go to either, let me know. The girl and I may be able to come out.

Welcome to Durhamtown.com
Gulches Off*Road Vehicle Park
tater_kamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
augTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info!
I'll let you both know when I plan to head to Gulches.
I will definitely wait for this heat wave to pass so it won't be so miserable topless.
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Np and sounds good! I cannot say I blame ya, I trailer there since my truck is nice and chilly inside Once on the trails there it is not bad at all since usually you are not in direct sunlight and it just feels cooler in general. There is a creek people swim in to cool off as well, so bring a swim suit.
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What's up guys.... I grew up in North Augusta, and now live in Simpsonville. I wasn't really into the whole Jeep thing in Highschool but I did go offroading (more like "muddin") on some trails off of HWY25 towards Edgefield. I'm pretty sure there are some places to check out out that way but they are probably mostly priivate property so I wouldn't recommend it. Of course now I have the YJ and plan on going to the Gulches one of these days....
Hey Tater Kamik, does your YJ have the vacuum disconnect?? And does it work? I'm getting ready to complete my DIY Posi Lok setup. Just curious. My Jeep is set up about like yours.
Gulches sounds awesome.....
YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately I do have the vacuum setup from the factory but it doesn't work. I had the posi lock setup but it seemed like another thing to break so I made it permanently locked.

I'm hoping to make a trip to gulches not this weekend but the one after. I'll post something up to see if anyone wants to go.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.