Welders in Augusta, GA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Welders in Augusta, GA?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
JSimmons
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Welders in Augusta, GA?

Hello all,

Just wondering if there is anyone with some welding skills in the Augusta, GA area. I'm looking at trying to do a Ford 8.8 axle swap on my TJ this summer. The only thing is that I have zero welding ability.

I don't have anything ready to go just yet (I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now) but I should be back soon and would like to beef up the rig from the D35. Know what I mean? Gotta have something stronger back there to push those big tires I'm lookin' to get.

Well, if anyone in the area would be willing to help out with the welding that needs to be done to fit the 8.8 under a TJ, please let me know. Post here or send me a PM. There's plenty of beer and pizza in the deal (or BBQ or whatever).

Or, if anyone just knows of a competent shop that I can pay to have it done that would be much appreciated as well.

Thank you for your replies.

Regards,
Joel

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Red Jeep Club #465[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Nemo Me Impune Lacesset[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #2
dawgfan77

Got you covered man! Always glad to help out the boys in uniform. Shoot me a PM when you get back, I've got buddies with a TJ and an XJ that I have to do the swap with this summer, lookin for axles now. We do charge a pretty steep fee of BEER and PIZZA! If you can handle that, let me know
dawgfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
JSimmons
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

dawgfan77 -

I'll definitely keep in contact. I've been searching for axles on the internet during some free time. Just trying to figure out how to get everything setup the right way the first time.

Have you done a few axle swaps before? I'm a complete newbie to Jeeps and have zero welding skills.

Trust me, beer and pizza are covered. I've been without beer and pizza for WAY too long. You like microbrew stuff? That's what I go for, but whatever you guys want, I'll get it!

regards,
Joel
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Red Jeep Club #465[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Nemo Me Impune Lacesset[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
StevenH

It looks like you found the hookup to get an axle under your rig! Ya'll send me a PM on what axles and ratio you need, if I don't have one I will know where to get it. I have 3 or 4 Explorer disc 8.8's right now. 3.55's and maybe one 4.10 but I am debating on using it unless somebody gets it first. $300 a piece delivered within 25 miles of Augusta
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.