Wanting to start a club in Columbus, GA - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Wanting to start a club in Columbus, GA

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 01-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #91
Catchad81
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor06 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm wanting to start up a Jeep 'club' in Columbus, GA and the surrounding area. I don't really know of any clubs of this type in the Columbus/ Ft. Benning area, but I was hoping for a "meet and greet" with anyone who is interested. I was hoping for a less formal club, but more like a group of folks who enjoy wheeling their rigs and would like to meet other people with similar interests. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Also, if anyone has any ideas about how to get the word out around town, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm interested. Where are ya'll out with this?

Catchad81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #92
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm not really sure but if you follow thread we are going to go out next week will be my first ride. I see alot of jeeps in the area but not sure how wheelin friendly they are I think alot are mall crawlers I got 2 neighbors with jacked up jeep they are to scared to get them dirty. Anyway I keep my radio on 19 just in case
Cobra 29 CB, 4ft Firestick Antenna, Skid Row Evap Skid, Rockhard Engine Skid, Rockhard Tranny Skid, Mesh Grill Mod, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Front and Rear ARB Diff Covers, Smittybilt Rock Rails, KC 130Watt Long Range Lights, Delta Light Mounts, TorqFlo tranny cooler, Hood Louvers, Drake Hood Pins, AEV Snorkel, Smittybilt 10,000 Winch, Rockhard Shorty Bumper with KC 100watt Slim Light Driving Lights, JKS ACOS Front System, Breather Extensions.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #93
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

If someone has an idea for a name and a logo I can look into getting some stickers made up.
Cobra 29 CB, 4ft Firestick Antenna, Skid Row Evap Skid, Rockhard Engine Skid, Rockhard Tranny Skid, Mesh Grill Mod, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Front and Rear ARB Diff Covers, Smittybilt Rock Rails, KC 130Watt Long Range Lights, Delta Light Mounts, TorqFlo tranny cooler, Hood Louvers, Drake Hood Pins, AEV Snorkel, Smittybilt 10,000 Winch, Rockhard Shorty Bumper with KC 100watt Slim Light Driving Lights, JKS ACOS Front System, Breather Extensions.
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #94
Catchad81
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin22 View Post
I'm not really sure but if you follow thread we are going to go out next week will be my first ride. I see alot of jeeps in the area but not sure how wheelin friendly they are I think alot are mall crawlers I got 2 neighbors with jacked up jeep they are to scared to get them dirty. Anyway I keep my radio on 19 just in case
Yeah, I went thru and got caught up on the ride for next weekend. Probably won't spend the weekend, but would like to ride up for one day anyway. Its not a bad drive.
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #95
ryanc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Id go with you all, but will be going to skyline wma to do some trail riding in Hunstville, AL
ryanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #96
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

as for the "club" thing; We have had little local interest untill recently. We put together the first meeting and it consisted of myself, 2 of my coworkers and the person who started this thread. I think the O.P. has since sold her Jeep. I had nearly given up on this thread because we had so little interest. I decided to give it another shot when we had confirmed that MMORV would be open for the 28th-30th of Jan.

A name? I was thinking of something simple like "West Central Georgia 4 Wheelers", something geografic rather than making it a brand specific or military specific.
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #97
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

oh, and to Deerassassin, when it comes to cutting fenders... remember that once you start cutting metal it makes it harder to go back. If you are thinking of getting new fender flairs, wait untill you have them before you start cutting. Another thing to consider when cutting fenders are the local laws. I cut my fenders, and I am aware that my CJ is now illeagal in most states because of my lack of tire coverage. My Jeep isn't my daily driver though, and I decided to give Johny Law the finger and cut away after I put my tires into the sheet metal a few times.

You may want to wait to cut untill you get the Jeep out and and find out what you really need to do with it. Eagle327b is now stuck with a Jeep that will only appeal to other 4wheelers that want a rig like that. The average Joe doesn't want a car with no carpet, noisy tires, and a chopped up body.
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #98
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

I may have discussed the wrong part. I'm going to trim the factory black flares about an inch or so that way I don't Rub. I was watching some youtube video's of some of the trails and looks rough.
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #99
Catchad81
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmayham View Post
as for the "club" thing; We have had little local interest untill recently. We put together the first meeting and it consisted of myself, 2 of my coworkers and the person who started this thread. I think the O.P. has since sold her Jeep. I had nearly given up on this thread because we had so little interest. I decided to give it another shot when we had confirmed that MMORV would be open for the 28th-30th of Jan.

A name? I was thinking of something simple like "West Central Georgia 4 Wheelers", something geografic rather than making it a brand specific or military specific.
Seems to be abit more interest to keep it from being the 4 less 1 of ya'll next time. I'd like to make it for the entire weekend next week, just don't see it happening. Do you have any more details or set time on when you'll start riding each morning.? If I can come up Saturday I'd like to get in the group.

I am an Alabama (state not team, War Eagle) person, and while I'm not too concerned with the name, might do something with both states, if that makes sense.
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #100
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

I think timmayham would have the answer to that either him or eagle but If I can't make it friday due to my class I will be heading that way saturday morning and probably camp out till sunday afternoon and head back home. I have never been to the park but been doing my research online with the website and youtube and looks like it's going to be fun. What are you going to be wheelin? and yeah a name that would encompass both states sounds good as well I'm horrible at picking names and logos.
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #101
Catchad81
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just have a 2000 tj that I purchased in September. Stock for the most part.
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #102
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^^We would be rolling around about the same then It's my first time "offically" on a trail ride so it should be fun and hopefully won't destroy anything. I have yet to meet TIM and Eagle seem to be great guys and said it wouldn't be to bad if you read my post from the last few days I can't wait.
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #103
Catchad81
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you're in Phenix City, will you be rolling up 431? If so, we could meet up on 431 and head up that way round the same time. Got anyone going with you?
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #104
Eagle327b
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Well this is only an idea and I will get ahold of Tim and we could all do a link up this up coming week and coordinate a link up point so we can discuss a a plan maybe?
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #105
Eagle327b
1992 XJ Cherokee 

We all plan to leave here on the afternoon of the 28th. My wife and kids are coming cause i got the seating room in the xj. If your wife/girlfriend wants to come they are welcome along with kids, my wife loves to interact with other wives making it easier to sell it to yours if shes not cool with it.....yet. We will have a (GP) medium tent and a generator. For anyone non military thats a large freaking tent with coffee pot and grill. Any creature comfort item you want or want to share is always welcome. If Tim is hard to contact and you need another contact call or text me at (253) 330-0363. Text is best but if u call and i dont answer leave a message and me or the wife will call you back. My name is chris so when you call/text give me your name and ill get with you or answer any question you have of MMORV.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.