Wanting to start a club in Columbus, GA - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Wanting to start a club in Columbus, GA

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #61
genghisman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Timmayham, did you ever get your rear axle fixed after you spun the tubes on it? Are you gonna truss it with welding the tubes?

Iraqi Freedom 3 and 5 Vet
genghisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #62
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisman View Post
Timmayham, did you ever get your rear axle fixed after you spun the tubes on it? Are you gonna truss it with welding the tubes?
My rear axle is good... (it better be for what I paid for it! Currie Fab 9"). It was a coworker of mine who spun his tubes. To answer your question; yes, he got it fixed. Took it to a gentleman I know and we welded the axle tubes back to the housing and relocated the spring perches. He is currently looking into a full width axle swap. I have been trying to talk him out of a set of 2 1/2 ton Rockwell axels. While a Waggy on Rockwells would be pretty cool, not the most economical route. He just put on a 6" lift and 35" BFG KM2s about 2 months ago.

to Bjanks... Eagle327b and I both wheel and wrench.
Unread 10-31-2010, 01:36 AM   #63
mattdillon09
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
Thats pretty sad, unfortunately, someone will eventually be killed and the place will ultimately shut down. And then, once again, we all will be labeled a bunch of ignorant rednecks who are just trying to tear **** up, and some more of our trails will be closed.
Sad but true. when that are the ones who are not the experinced drivers and or drunk, every time i talk to the owner i always try to talk to him about drinking.
mattdillon09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #64
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

It is official. We will be heading to Morris Mountain ORV in Alabama the 28th-the 30th of January 2011. All are invited to join us.
Unread 12-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #65
lurch9

2005 LJ Wrangler 

im off that weekend, as long as i dont have to cover vacation i will do my best to be there. been wanting to go to morris mountain for a while now.
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #66
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

I know how the JF loves pictures...
mmorv.jpg  
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #67
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

Man you guys need to get out and wheel more often. Ill be at morris mountain the 14-16th of january with the gatrailriders crew. Heading to mountainside orp the 1st of january for the new years ride.
My WJ build[COLOR="Blue"]:[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/[/URL][/COLOR][URL="[NOPARSE][COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #484[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/URL]
MMjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #68
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjanks View Post
Man you guys need to get out and wheel more often. Ill be at morris mountain the 14-16th of january with the gatrailriders crew. Heading to mountainside orp the 1st of january for the new years ride.
We wheel mostly around Ft. Benning, the price is right... The MMORV trip is our big, we have a weekend off trip. Our jobs limit us to very seldom having more than 1 day off in a row.
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #69
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

Man the army sure mustve change in the year I been out I remember having every single weekend off unless it was a field problem or training interferred(very seldom). That was the best thing having crap tons of 3 days and 4 days just for the heck of it. I could get a lot of wrenching done in those days.
My WJ build[COLOR="Blue"]:[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/[/URL][/COLOR][URL="[NOPARSE][COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #484[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/URL]
Unread 12-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #70
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjanks View Post
Man the army sure mustve change in the year I been out I remember having every single weekend off unless it was a field problem or training interferred(very seldom). That was the best thing having crap tons of 3 days and 4 days just for the heck of it. I could get a lot of wrenching done in those days.
Dude, don't be a ******. Not evryone in the Army gets the same schedule. Obviously you were not stuck as a Drill Sergeant. Yes there were times that weekends were plentiful, but not for the past year and a half. I hate getting into spats on the internet because it is stupid. Don't run your mouth if you don't know the person you are talking about.

To everyone else on the forum, sorry about that. Lets get back on subject.
Unread 12-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #71
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

Whoa slow down buddy I aint one of your little privates do not get in a dick measuring contest with me high speed. - simply stated that this "ckub" needs to get together and wheel more often maybe not everyone runs on your schedule. To anyone that wants to wheel more than twice a year look into gatrailriders.com we host a ride all over al and ga once a month and its family friendly. None of this army bs about rank and title, you can leave that **** on post.good luck mayhem I'm sure these guys will love wheeling with someone so caught up on themself wow u make kids do pushups, let me give you a hand. Now go put on your hat stand in front of the mirror and try to feel important.
Unread 12-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #72
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Wow dude! Maybe I overreacted, but I took your comment about how the Army must have changed over the past year, as an attack on my integrity. If that is not the case then I apologize. You have judged me based on my profession. Just because I have to do certain things at work like “make kids do pushups”, does not mean that those traits follow me home from work. You should make the trip to Morris Mountain with us. You may be surprised about how my coworkers and I conduct ourselves. All of us come home from work, and leave that crap there.

About this “club” needing to get out more. It never happened, four people showed up to the meeting, myself, two of the dudes I work with, and the person who started this thread. I can’t count the number of people we told about the meeting beforehand. So I decided to stick to the dudes I could count on to go wheel. If you still haven’t noticed there has yet to be any interest shown on this thread or the “GA Gang” thread about this trip to Morris Mountain at the end of January. I hope I’m wrong; I would like to see more people out on the trail. If not, it will just end up being the usual guys. At long as I have dirt under my tires I’m happy.
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #73
stanton3
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmayham View Post
About this “club” needing to get out more. It never happened, four people showed up to the meeting, myself, two of the dudes I work with, and the person who started this thread. I can’t count the number of people we told about the meeting beforehand. So I decided to stick to the dudes I could count on to go wheel. If you still haven’t noticed there has yet to be any interest shown on this thread or the “GA Gang” thread about this trip to Morris Mountain at the end of January. I hope I’m wrong; I would like to see more people out on the trail. If not, it will just end up being the usual guys. At long as I have dirt under my tires I’m happy.
I'll make it up there sometime. Maybe sometime during the summer/late spring?
2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #74
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

I was trying to attack anything I'm simply stating my time in the army(well the time I was actually in the states) I was pretty garunteed weekends off. I didn't know what your job was. I try to wheel at least twice a month. Depending on the morris mountain trip I take on the 14th I might just like it and go back again with yall.
Unread 12-31-2010, 06:56 PM   #75
genghisman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well, things are changing for me, so hopefully I can get together with you guys soon. I'm gonna be leaving the area shortly soon too. Anyone interested in getting together again somewhere in town? I have 24hr duty again on Tues and that should be my last one for a while.

As for the argument above, I haven't been guaranteed a weekend in over a year and would usually have duty staff duty NCOIC at least 2 times a week. It really depends on what your MOS is and if they don't have anyone to pull duty, then you get denied passes and leave because of duty. My unit deployed and I got held back due to 2 surgeries. Because of the surgeries, I'm getting MED boarded and will be getting out soon. (I have no intention to P*** anyone off, just wanted to put in my 2 cent)
Iraqi Freedom 3 and 5 Vet
genghisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.