Wanting to start a club in Columbus, GA - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Wanting to start a club in Columbus, GA

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 09-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #46
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle327b View Post
Man that hill there in the last pics sure was hairy! The dirt that day was like wheeling on pavement...Excellent grip. We need to get you out too Taylor06! If anything I am always up for another round of fried pickles and a beer or two..three...four...
the pictures do that hill no justice, maybe if they were taken from the bottom of the hill. It isn't very often that an obstacle makes my heart race. That got me for a minute. My wife said "when I saw you put on the haness I thought to my self "s***"".

Unread 09-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #47
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

Just a little "Bump".

Found another Cherokee in the PX parking lot today, stuck a note on the window, maybe we got another!
Unread 09-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #48
Eagle327b
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Keep it up and you really will be the odd ball jeep. Gonna be the only CJ with XJ's and Wagoneers.
Unread 10-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #49
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

It has been a while since we have posted anything but.... Chris and I are looking to set up a trip to Morris Mountain ORV (Home) on the last weekend of Jan 2011. The park says to be open on the 2nd and 4th weekends of every month. We will contact the park owners to ensure access and to see if they will be willing to open the gates Friday the 28th of Jan to allow us to set up camp for the night.

Chris amd I went to the Shamrock run this past March and had a blast. We also went a few months later, but Chris busted a U-joint and stub shaft about a half hour into the trip... Boooo! The park has everything from trails for stock trucks to rock climbs that will make the hairs on your neck stand up. We will keep you guys updated on our progress with the owners of the park. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET US (eagle327b and I) KNOW SO WE CAN GIVE THE OWNERS AND IDEA OF HOW MANY WE EXPECT TO BE THERE.
Unread 10-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #50
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

Man i cant believe i just stumbled upon this. I would love to join and ride with you guys i can see there are no wjs so let me add mine.Oh by the way my name is brandon i was stationed at benning from 05-09. Now i just live and work in columbus looking for to doing a ride.

My WJ build[COLOR="Blue"]:[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/[/URL][/COLOR][URL="[NOPARSE][COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #484[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/URL]
MMjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #51
mattdillon09
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor06 View Post
There's an offroad park in Auburn, but I don't know of anyone who has been there to scope it out. Looks pretty cool from the website though.

The Great American Park LLC

Other than that, I think most of the places to wheel are at least an hour or so outside of Columbus.

I was thinking about just meeting up with everyone at some place around town, like a restaurant, and exchanging contact info. and going from there. Any suggestions?
I live in auburn and i got to the great american park a good bit, i love it there are many nice people there! they are having a large event this weekend. yall whould come check it out they have done one before and there was a good turn out. but i think this one will be bigger! let me know if you want some info on it or go to there website for info also!!!
mattdillon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #52
mattdillon09
1998 ZJ 

hear is a link for some good pics and videos of the last event so take a look at them.

Rockfest! Auburn, AL - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
Unread 10-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #53
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

man that place doesnt look very friendly to a DD rig. Is there any trails there that dont require your rig to be trailered to the event. Plus i heard it was just a bunch of drunks.
My WJ build[COLOR="Blue"]:[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/[/URL][/COLOR][URL="[NOPARSE][COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #484[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/URL]
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #54
ryanc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjanks View Post
man that place doesnt look very friendly to a DD rig. Is there any trails there that dont require your rig to be trailered to the event. Plus i heard it was just a bunch of drunks.
It doesnt does it. There is tons of folks driving with beer in their hands. Its **** like that, that causes closure of all the real trails out there.
ryanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #55
genghisman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I went out there for the rock crawling event they had a little while ago. There was only one trail around the perimeter and it was not for completely stock vehicles, but my DD made it just fine. I'm only running 2in lift and 33x12.50 a/t tires. It is true about everyone out there just driving all over the place with a beer in their hand. I saw several young teens on atv's driving around with a beer. The trail was fun, but their tolerance of drunk driving in that type of environment will make me not want to go back.
Iraqi Freedom 3 and 5 Vet
genghisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #56
mattdillon09
1998 ZJ 

that was there largest turnout ever out there, and yes i bring up drinking and the problems that it could cause every time i go out there. and i saw a girl go to jail for drinking and there were also more who got a ticket for under age drinking.
Unread 10-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #57
ryanc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdillon09 View Post
that was there largest turnout ever out there, and yes i bring up drinking and the problems that it could cause every time i go out there. and i saw a girl go to jail for drinking and there were also more who got a ticket for under age drinking.
Thats pretty sad, unfortunately, someone will eventually be killed and the place will ultimately shut down. And then, once again, we all will be labeled a bunch of ignorant rednecks who are just trying to tear **** up, and some more of our trails will be closed.
ryanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #58
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

well i have 6in lift and 35s i like to challenge my jeep but not destroy it on obstacles built for someones buggy river rock is fairly close and definately a more family tuned enviroment. This perimeter trail would be fun but i dont wanna have to worry about some drunk teenager raising hell on his quad or his daddys truck and crashing into me and injuring me or my family. Just not worth the risk if you ask me.
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #59
timmayham
1995 ZJ 

that sucks, I haven't been to the park in Auburn, maybe I won't go. I time in Morris Mountain has been good. Lots of trails at all levels. Last years Shamrock run had a ton of people and no arrests.

No new news on our trip to the park the last weekend of Jan 11. There will be at least two of us. More would be nice, but if I am in the dirt I'm happy wether there is only two of us or fifty two of us
Unread 10-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #60
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

im down with that weekend in january im originally from gadsden, al about 3 miles away from mountainside orp thats my home trails i love that place it would be good to go with a group of jeeps from this area though. So is everyone just a wheeler or are there any wrenchers in here i do all types of lifts on vehicles. Im currently in the process of by a welder to get more into metal fab.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.