wanna jeep today.... or maybe next weekend... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > wanna jeep today.... or maybe next weekend...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

wanna jeep today.... or maybe next weekend...

but i have no idea where is safe to go out here and nobody to go with.

by "safe" i mean "i won't get shot or arrested in this location"

by "nobody to go with" i mean i have my brother, but he'd be in my jeep, and i don't know any other jeepers in the area personally.

not looking for anything complicated, just somewhere to get out and enjoy the fact of being somewhere cars dare not tread, and having a reasonable amount of length to it.

sadly, i realize it's a bit late in the day to post this, so i assume that going out today and being back before 5pm is not high in the realm of possibilities. but maybe this is a way to keep an ear to the ground for next weekend?

on to the pertinent details: north georgia. jackson county, specifically. crawley is mostly stock but has some reasonable meats. i AM lacking in the recovery equipment dept, which i know makes me kinda a ****** but i'm fine with something a little casual at first, and i don't usually take chances i find unfavorable. all that aside, i know how to use a shovel and to simulate traction.

i know there's a local group that gets together out here at the beef o'brady's parking lot, but my work hours basically limit me from being able to get to know everyone. i am on their mailing list, however.

any advice?

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

well.. like a bolt of lightning from the sky.... i woke up today and a friend of mine posted the sheriff's jeep fest on my facebook.

maybe this will be my chance to meet other jeepers?

Unread 09-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I am going on a boating trip so I won't be able to make the Sheriff meet but I hear many plan to go. There is also a meet at Durhamtown last weekend of the month. I'm in Athens btw.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

there's a possibility i may even have my CB by then!

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes please do come out to Jeepfest... it's $60 for the whole three days of events... or there's a nominal fee if you just want to hang out and spectate. Our club (Jacked Up Jeep Club) will have a booth in the vendor area, come by and say hey.

Also check out atlanta-jeepers group on facebook. There are a lot of good people on there and somebody is riding somewhere pretty much every weekend.
goldknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.