union grove rd - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > union grove rd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I will agree about the no trespassing signs. Not a single one unless it is a bordering property. It is sad that the place has the amount of trash on it though. I'm bringing a trash bag if I go back out.

WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I found a listing for the property. Here is the description.

Bank Owned Dekalb County Acreage

Bring All Offers. Land Is Mostly Cleared With Some Curbing And Sewer Drains In Place. All Utilities Available. Great Future Residential Subdivision. Many Possibilities Include Recreational Tract For Four Wheelers And Atvs. Convenient To Stonecrest Mall. Interstate 20 And Turner Hill Rd
TJ_Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #18
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just because there is a lack of no tresspassing signs doesnt make it ok. The bottom line is unless its your property or you have permission then its not ok to be there. Sucks there isnt more legal places for us to wheel in GA but thats just the way it is. I to have been to the "everyone has gone their for years" places and the last one I went to about 6 years ago I was met by a cop as I was leaving. I got lucky that I got a warning that day when they could have racked up plenty of things including the fines, vehicle impound and a trip to a free local hotel. Another great example of somewhere people have gone for years...

http://m.wsbtv.com/videos/news/forsy...mudding/vrHWj/
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #19
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Your example is of kids turfing a county park. They should get a fine.
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yep a field got turfed but the road "carved" out by off roaders was a utility road that was used for years to go to a spot. I bet that spot (not the turfed park field) wont be ok to go anymore.

I dont know anything about this Union grove rd. All I know is, no one seems to have actual permission to be there from the bank, and a lack of no tresspassing signs (most likely ripped down by users long ago) and attempted rocks at the entrance to block users makes this place see less legit. In fact the only argument people seem to have that its ok to ride is "people have been going there for years." More than likely people will continue to go there, maybe for many years, without issue, but the first bad apple (like whoever turfed that field) and it will be on the radar too. Or someone will buy the land and make law enforcement keep people off of it. I just know the cost to go to an ORV park is a lot less than the possible fines and impound fees.
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to get in touch with the owner for that reason.
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Virgin View Post
Good man

Its a really a shame we cant get a park closer than Beasley or Dtown. I had hopes for the one in west GA but sounds like paperwork fouled them up. A park close to ATL would make a killing because it would be packed every weekend.
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #23
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to buy the grove and charge all y'all $ to ride....
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It would be great. I always hear insurance is a killer price. That is what supposedly killed Mountainside and long ago Morris Mountain had issues with it along with the the little creek on their property.
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
dahlonegawj
2002 WJ 

Windermere was one of those places. I haven't been there since November, but after the field incident they patrol it, so we can't go anymore. People that try to go get a citation or a warning. Lots of trails, creek crossings, etc. I haven't found out who the owner is, but it's a failed development.
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #26
kappaknight
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Virgin
Why? I've been there once when it was introduced to me by a friend.

As far as i can tell, the area would not work as an ORV park because what makes the wheeling good encompasses land owned by three different owners. The failed development is only a small piece of it. The power lines and some rocks from the query is what makes the area "complete."

Even if you could get permission from the bank or whoever owns it, you still can't do much without the power lines part.
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappaknight View Post

Why? I've been there once when it was introduced to me by a friend.

As far as i can tell, the area would not work as an ORV park because what makes the wheeling good encompasses land owned by three different owners. The failed development is only a small piece of it. The power lines and some rocks from the query is what makes the area "complete."

Even if you could get permission from the bank or whoever owns it, you still can't do much without the power lines part.
True, so I will be there the 16th. Hope to see some of yall.
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #28
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pussing out. Not going. Here is a msg from an Officer in that county. Name has been del to protect the innocent LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******

That's an area that is policed by Lithonia PD and DeKalb PD. Anyone on any property of another; without authority or permission is subject to be arrested for Criminal Trespass; but more often then not they may receive a citation.

One deciding factor is the amount of damage alleged by the land owner.
EX: the land owner can claim that the vehicles caused damage to underground pipes/utilities.
Unread 09-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #29
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Went out there today. Had to recover a new F150 on 35's. The gates are gone and ruts are deeper. Did an endo today. Been down that spot a few times and never almost flipped over the hood. Got the truck out and made it home safe.
Unread 02-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #30
jwall2126
2003 TJ Wrangler 

me and a buddy will be out there next weekend!
jwall2126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.