union grove rd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > union grove rd

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

union grove rd

Going to be there tomorrow.

8031 Union Grove Rd, Lithonia, GA 30058

http://m.google.com/u/m/BriVs2

TJ_Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I believe I heard they blocked this place off for unknown reasons. You might want to check. If it is still open to the public I have been wanting to head over.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You heard wrong. Went for a quick ride last weekend and spent all day there today. 100+ people. ATV's, dirt bikes, buggies, trucks and Jeeps. It was amazing. People are trailering rigs. Make sure you enter at the neighborhood with the for sale sign.
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet. Post up next time you are headed out. I think it is only an hour and a half from Athens.
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Bethlehem, took around 40min to get there. Here is a link to shutterfly. Mostly pics of my buddy xj.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AbuGzdm0cOGLjI
Unread 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDoctor View Post
Sweet. Post up next time you are headed out. I think it is only an hour and a half from Athens.
2/16 noonish.
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I might be there Saturday. I will be there tomorrow with some guys I work with as well. No idea how long though.
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I heard about this place not too long ago, and I've been wanting to head down ever since. What's the story behind it? Is it really just an open area where no one cares if people wheel?
UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Can't say for sure but, I personally have been going there for the past 15 years. I believe the property is bank owned. Like I said before, there are at least a hundred people there. Trailers, Jeeps, 4x4's, utv, atv, dirt bikes and custom buggies.
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGATJ View Post
I heard about this place not too long ago, and I've been wanting to head down ever since. What's the story behind it? Is it really just an open area where no one cares if people wheel?
My brother-in-law with stock TJ had a great time.
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Virgin View Post
Can't say for sure but, I personally have been going there for the past 15 years. I believe the property is bank owned. Like I said before, there are at least a hundred people there. Trailers, Jeeps, 4x4's, utv, atv, dirt bikes and custom buggies.
I've heard it's bank owned, too, and it seems like it's never a problem for the people who wheel there, so that's awesome. It has piqued my interest, though, so I'm going to see if I can't figure it out. I looked at the DeKalb County property website briefly last night, and it didn't show anything.

Either way, I definitely want to try to get out wheeling somewhere soon. I've spent a lot of time and money getting my rig to the point I'm comfortable wheeling it. It's time to go!
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

We went to take a look yesterday. The piles of rocks in every entrance makes me feel optimistic that this place is legal.
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Virgin View Post

2/16 noonish.
Cancel that. I'm going to wheel towards Dahlonega.
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #14
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDoctor View Post
We went to take a look yesterday. The piles of rocks in every entrance makes me feel optimistic that this place is legal.
No, no, no you're getting it all wrong. They're not blocking the entrances; they're just making it a challenge to get in so only top-notch wheelers can ride there!

Seriously, though, too bad it looks closed. I was really excited about possibly wheeling this weekend.
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You should still go and check it out. It is not public land. It is abandoned and with out No Trespassing signs. There are quary owned areas that do not permit entry and there is a fence with signs. Check it out and make your own call. Hundreds of people will be there Saturday.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.