thinking about doing a regear (Augusta/csra) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > thinking about doing a regear (Augusta/csra)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
tlxsess

thinking about doing a regear (Augusta/csra)

Anyone in the csra done they're own ring/pinion swap before? I've never done one but would like to attempt it. I've got a 97 tj w/ Dana 30/44 with 3.55 gearing... it barely pulls itself let alone my little utility trailer. I'm thinking about going to 4.56's. Anyone local that could give some tech help or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe we could make a learning/teaching opportunity out of this thing, maybe a tech day or something... thanks a bunch -Chris

tlxsess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
1978CJ5Beast
1978 CJ5 

This is also a jeep club plug, but if you have Facebook, find Jeep Masters of Augusta Fan page. It's the pre membership page for our club (free). A lot members check it out plus there are alot of non member jeepers on there. Someone there might have knowledge to share.
1978CJ5Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
tlxsess

I apparently haven't been accepted as a friend on fb yet.... sent my request probably a week ago...
tlxsess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
1978CJ5Beast
1978 CJ5 

Did you do it on the Fan page? There is the members page, and they won't add you there until you pay member dues. What's your name? I'll send it to the page moderator. To add you.
1978CJ5Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.