Sheriff's Jeepfest 2013 - Jasper Georgia September 6-8, 2013 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheriff's Jeepfest 2013 - Jasper Georgia September 6-8, 2013

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #61
Oclvframe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
JeepFest was great this year. Heard this was only the 2nd year that it was really big, so they are still sorting out some bugs. Over 795 registered Jeeps, over 1000 Jeeps in all.

I led the difficult/orange tape/"SuckItIn" trail Saturday and Sunday five times. It was very scenic. I was the Yellow JK Rubicon on 37's. Today, one guy on the CB, just as he finished the rock garden with the "pucker factor" point, said, "Anybody have a pry bar? I'm going to need it to pry myself off the seat!" LMAO!

The obstacle course at base camp was fun. Even tried EarthQuake, twice...the one in which that guy rolled his TJ. Then I just HAD to try that huge hill over by the mud pit. I went up it, only to discover a long mud pit waiting for me at the bottom of the hill! And I had the doors and top off...D'OH!! Needless to say, I've got some serious cleaning to do tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to next year's JeepFest!!
I think you lead us on Suckitin on Saturday...I remember you mentioning the 37s....my neighbor and I were all excited about this 'harder' trail but I later found out that we completely bypassed the best part of the trail!?!?!? He went back Sunday and rode the whole thing and told me about the huge climb that he easily cleaned.....I'm really bummed because when we got done with Suckitin on Saturday, I was like: what's the big deal? That wasn't any harder than the intermediate trail we'd just finished. Oh well...guess it'll have to be next year.

-r

Oclvframe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #62
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oclvframe View Post
I think you lead us on Suckitin on Saturday...I remember you mentioning the 37s....my neighbor and I were all excited about this 'harder' trail but I later found out that we completely bypassed the best part of the trail!?!?!? He went back Sunday and rode the whole thing and told me about the huge climb that he easily cleaned.....I'm really bummed because when we got done with Suckitin on Saturday, I was like: what's the big deal? That wasn't any harder than the intermediate trail we'd just finished. Oh well...guess it'll have to be next year.

-r
The hill climb was very slick on Saturday. I ended up winching 5 Jeeps up that hill. Tom, in the white YJ, he winched 10 up that hill and burnt out his winch. It was later decided to bypass that hill because so many were not able to make it, and it was backlogging the trail.

I know on Sunday the hill was drier and a few attempted it. I still had to winch one stock Rubi (with lockers engaged) up it.

If we had the orange trail running every hour instead of every 30 minutes, then the hill climb would have been doable, even with winching.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #63
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oclvframe View Post

-r
Lol I think I was on this ride... did yall stop for a bit trying to figure out the trail? Wish we had gone down the hill and to the other parts of the trail
darkhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.