Sheriff's Jeepfest 2013 - Jasper Georgia September 6-8, 2013 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheriff's Jeepfest 2013 - Jasper Georgia September 6-8, 2013

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

What channel is everyone tuning in to on your CB?

darkhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #47
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

We were on 3 last night, but they may use different channels for each trail.
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #48
Morgan_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How were the trails?
Morgan_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #49
harleysilo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm signed up for the 10am moderate, what else have people signed up for, buddy last night said one extreme ride was already full.
harleysilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #50
harleysilo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Motomountain was a joke. The three last minute trails were awesome. Trail sign up really needs to be done online in advance. There is no reason people need to stand in line for an hour to sign up.

Jeepfest didn't anticipate the turnout, and next year they'll probably get more! They need more trails, and a more accurate way of rating them. As well as trail leaders who actually know the trails.

Going on a trail ride with a bunch of randoms really underscores the benefits of club riding.
harleysilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #51
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

JeepFest was great this year. Heard this was only the 2nd year that it was really big, so they are still sorting out some bugs. Over 795 registered Jeeps, over 1000 Jeeps in all.

I led the difficult/orange tape/"SuckItIn" trail Saturday and Sunday five times. It was very scenic. I was the Yellow JK Rubicon on 37's. Today, one guy on the CB, just as he finished the rock garden with the "pucker factor" point, said, "Anybody have a pry bar? I'm going to need it to pry myself off the seat!" LMAO!

The obstacle course at base camp was fun. Even tried EarthQuake, twice...the one in which that guy rolled his TJ. Then I just HAD to try that huge hill over by the mud pit. I went up it, only to discover a long mud pit waiting for me at the bottom of the hill! And I had the doors and top off...D'OH!! Needless to say, I've got some serious cleaning to do tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to next year's JeepFest!!
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #52
KeelBrothers
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok we went to the Jeep Fest and had a blast. We only walked around checked things out. We watched the guys and girls do some of the course. It was great we will be back next year for sure. Got the bumper to put on and wheels and tires. Ready to get it going.
KeelBrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #53
bnatt78
2011 JK Wrangler 

I had a blast the two days I was there! I have to figure a way to get back up there next year and figure on all three days to be there! The only bad part was maybe the lines for the trail rides. Otherwise it was cool!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
bnatt78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #54
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnatt78 View Post
I had a blast the two days I was there! I have to figure a way to get back up there next year and figure on all three days to be there! The only bad part was maybe the lines for the trail rides. Otherwise it was cool!

The lines at Trail Ride registration or the line AT the trail ride?

If at the trail ride, my apologies. Sometimes we had to run some winch line on the difficult trail and that put us behind schedule. We were running about 15-20 minutes behind schedule on taking out the groups today because we had a couple of mechanical breakdowns that slowed us down.
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #55
b_rine

I was there in the big 4runner. It was a good event with lots of great vendors. But I was pretty bummed they wouldn't allow me to take the 4runner out. If I had known that I would have brought my Jeep buggy. Only brought the Toyota bc I was at a buddy's Tent and he wanted something eyecatching at his vendor spot.

But honestly, I have a Jeep and have had many, but I do not understand why they limited everything to JEEP brand only. Makes no sense since it was the sheriff that was doing it. He just limited his market and potential revenue.
b_rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #56
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rine View Post
I was there in the big 4runner. It was a good event with lots of great vendors. But I was pretty bummed they wouldn't allow me to take the 4runner out. If I had known that I would have brought my Jeep buggy. Only brought the Toyota bc I was at a buddy's Tent and he wanted something eyecatching at his vendor spot.

But honestly, I have a Jeep and have had many, but I do not understand why they limited everything to JEEP brand only. Makes no sense since it was the sheriff that was doing it. He just limited his market and potential revenue.
The one with the external cage on like 44's?
Yes, big was an understatement. You turned a lot of heads as you rolled by. I scrambled to get my camera!
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #57
b_rine

Yes that was me. It's exo caged on 44's (for now). Going to 49's and MRAP wheels very soon.

Yea I turned a lot of heads coming in and am pretty sure it would have been a crowd pleaser had they let me on the course (especially with my driving. lol). But I wasn't allowed.

I talked to the cop and explained to him that he was only hurting himself by not allowing others to ride (along with the charity he is supporting). But as I was talking to him he literally turned his back to me and walked away. So I gave up. Either way it was a good time with fellow enthusiasts of the sports from mild to wild.
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #58
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

JeepFest was SICK!!!!!!
Scram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #59
b_rine

My Jeep and the "big" 4runner
20130818_145239.jpg  
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #60
bnatt78
2011 JK Wrangler 

I understand that everyone was running behind! I still had fun! I need to figure on going next year!

bnatt78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.