Sheriff's JeepFest 2012 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheriff's JeepFest 2012

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #76
RedRyderXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone got any pics of a red XJ without the front 2 doors?? lol

Edit with my thoughts on the event... (improvements and comments)
Keep Friday night registration open longer for those who get off a little later
Put an iPod on shuffle with a lot of good music as opposed to that DJ lol... I wanted to end him, it was also loud as hell sometimes haha
Awesome staff and awesome vendors
Detailed lists of addresses
Dont let idiots stand up in jeeps and ride through the obstacle courses, granite he was asking for something bad to happen
Photographers everywhere next year, people love pics even though im sure ya'll have a ton already

RedRyderXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #77
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i am copy/pasting this from my thread here: jeepfest nightride attendees:

" jeepfest nightride attendees:
hi.

it's good to meet you again. i just wanted to apologize to anyone who was displeased by how slow the ride went. the trail lead got far ahead of me, and my friend followed. she said that they were going about 35mph or so and they got well away from me. i was not exactly comfortable taking that terrain at that speed, especially since i heard the occasional scrape at the speeds we WERE taking it. i could not even see their lights in the distance.

i went from being the third jeep to the first jeep in almost no time. i had no CB (which was on my doorstep when i got home from the event : ), and i had no idea where we were, so i did the best i could navigating unfamiliar territory. i was pretty thankful to have had my aux lights. it made life a LOT better.

so... for real... i apologize if i ruined anyone's experience. i know i had approximately 270 jeeps behind me and i felt like a complete d-bag. the people behind me said i was doing fine, but i can't help but think they were just being polite.

on an unrelated note: did you guys see the crazy dude with the giant rock yelling at us? i seriously thought he was going to cain & abel someone "

that being said, i think one of the failings may have been that the organizers did not apparently notify the campers in the area that we were coming through? maybe the campground didn't do it. i don't know. i know if *i* were camping out there and 270 jeeps came roaring by at almost midnight i would have been pretty peeved off too. i almost don't blame the crazy guy with the rock... almost.

over all it was a great event. it was a bit obvious it was an early attempt, but much better organized than a first event generally feels. you guys did a great job all around, and there was a lot of fun to be had and great people to meet. if i had to recommend an "improvement", it would be that we could have a jeepfest campsite where participants could set up tents and break down and be ready to go the next morning and such. it would possibly improve the social aspect of it.

i also want to thank everyone who was so warm and welcoming to me. i know i don't exactly "fit in", but that didn't stop people from being phenomenally cool with me, and being excited for my successes as much as i was. great camaraderie.

also, i agree with the poster that said "more rock please".

EDIT: when i say "rock" i mean music. lol.

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #78
nwedgar
1974 CJ5 

The night ride was cool. It was a little slow at first, just getting out of town, but it kept moving. I was about number 20-30 in line. I thought that trail would rattle the bolts on the Jeep loose and the fillings in my teeth! I didn't see anyone with rocks at the campground, but I did see a few p'od campers. Oh well, their talking about it too, right?

I thought it was a great experience all around, especially for a first event. Very well done.
nwedgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #79
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

The project plan for next year is currently being developed with all the ideas you guys have sent us in the emails. Thanks for all the input.

420 Registered Jeeps
1500+ people though reports I am getting now since this was released is closer to 2500
50,000 + raised for the charities.

www.jeephut.com
JeepHut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #80
Jaybird91
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Please post the dates for 2013. Sounds like a great weekend of jeep fun.
Jaybird91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #81
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

We have pretty much finalized the dates so they should be released shortly.

www.jeephut.com
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #82
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Dates would be awesome cause I'm taking off work and camping all weekend this time.
NGAXJING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #83
RedRyderXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGAXJING View Post
Dates would be awesome cause I'm taking off work and camping all weekend this time.
Good... Good... Next year XJ's better represent!!!
Unread 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #84
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyderXJ

Good... Good... Next year XJ's better represent!!!
Will? Your name is diff than Cherokeeforum.
Unread 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #85
RedRyderXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGAXJING

Will? Your name is diff than Cherokeeforum.
Yeah it is lol... Long story haha same Will
Unread 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #86
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHut
We have pretty much finalized the dates so they should be released shortly.
Any news on dates? I have to put in for next year vacation dec 1st. Would surely like to take these days off for the event.
Unread 11-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #87
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

Once the dates are finalized we will release them. Thank you for the support.

www.jeephut.com
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #88
NGAXJING
1997 XJ Cherokee 

How about dates? Sorry to bother but I got to turn in vacation time Monday and really want this weekend off
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #89
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

The dates for 2013 will most likely not be released until January. We are still in planning with the land owners and others that make this happen and have to get everything confirmed before a final date is given. Although I thought we had some good dates it seems there were some more things to work out first. I am sorry if this dissappoints you but I promise we will get the dates out as soon as we can. Thanks again for your support and excitement.

www.jeephut.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.