Sheriff's JeepFest 2012 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheriff's JeepFest 2012

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Performance Vented Hood (Rugged RiARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 09-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #61
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great event. There are no plans to open this non jeep vehicles. However it is open to All Jeep vehicles.

www.jeephut.com
JeepHut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #62
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHut View Post
Great event. There are no plans to open this non jeep vehicles. However it is open to All Jeep vehicles.
That is great. It will only keep growing each year. Was there a final count on registration? Heard it was around 400.

Would be nice to get the crowd routed through the vendor area as well. Not a lot of foot traffic through there as you would think.
MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #63
CousinCJ
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysilo
Am I the only one who did not appreciate being forced to listen to country music and that damned DJ, shut the heck up already, you're not funny, you're not cute, you have nothing to add.
DJ didn't fit the crowd. I quit listening to him yap after a while. And I can tolerate Country but please mix in some Rock!
CousinCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #64
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHut View Post
Wasn't sure if it Was true but the sheriff deputy that td me this said it came strait from sheriff Craig.
HARLEYX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #65
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The event was great and alot of fun. Glad they raised alot of money for the kids. Only complaint the wife had was no bathrooms over at the farm and trail rides were unorganized . That being said it was still great and I understand it is alot of work to put this kind of event together. The wife even said she would volunteer next year to be an event photographer.
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #66
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just a couple pics.
image-3371298269.jpg   image-390526212.jpg   image-189459629.jpg   image-1714371086.jpg   image-1919746869.jpg  

image-1349507514.jpg   image-2451519399.jpg  
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #67
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

White jeep is mine. Broke a motor mount , tranny mount and burnt a shifter cable in two.
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #68
harleysilo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

There was a bathroom in the small "cabin" right by the creek, but their should have been a sign, i wouldn't have gone in the cabin except i overheard a trail leader telling someone else they could use it....
harleysilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #69
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah my daughter asked if one was in there but I didn't figure there was one for people at the event to use. Kinda figured they would have had some port a johns there. No big deal. It was still a great time. Trails were fairly easy. Only time I used 4wd was on the hard trail. The trail leader said we actually done the trail in reverse and went up the big rutted out hill. Made it fun for sure. I actually got caught in one spot past that hill and kept sliding my front bumper into a small tree.
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #70
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sheriff's JeepFest was an huge success. We would like to sincerely thank the Sheriff and his staff, all of the volunteers, agencies, vendors, local and non local businesses, anyone else and most of all the participants for your support and helping us with this great cause. We will post numbers of jeeps and dollars raised when they are released. We hope everyone had a great time and hope you'll spread the word for next year. Once again, thanks because none of this would be possible without your support.

If you have any ideas, concerns or complaints that we can fix or improve on for next year please email me at mike@thejeephut.com and I will make sure it is presented in the project plan meetings.

www.jeephut.com
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #71
harleysilo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrian View Post
the bathroom was in the house next to the river and picnic tables. and I led several rides and it was well organized. what time did you go on a ride?

what were the concerns? make sure we fix those for next year
I got there at 10:20 sat morning. There were so many jeeps parked in a random pattern I could see the trail signs. Nobody met at the signs at 10:30 to tell us what was up. Finally by word of mouth we found out we were headed out, but I had no confirmation from anyone in charge, and wasn't sure if I was heading out for the trail I signed up for. Then we had to sit for more than 15 mins at the turn around point cause there were too many jeeps. After we got done I heard the trail leader say they wouldn't make that mistake again.

For the 1pm sat ride we got in and orderly line and a guy walked the line and told us channel 5 and stop if the guy behind you stops.

So taller signs and orgainized line up would work well. Plus sign for bathroom. Really enjoyed it thanks for your work.
harleysilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #72
JeepHut
Vendor
2008 JK Wrangler 

Please email me at mike@thejeephut.com of any improvements, concerns or ideas. I can put them in the folder and make sure they are heard, I will problably not see most of them if you post on the forum.

www.jeephut.com
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #73
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
the bathroom was in the house next to the river and picnic tables. and I led several rides and it was well organized. what time did you go on a ride?

what were the concerns? make sure we fix those for next year

I checked in Friday night and was told to be at homebase at 8.15 to line up for rides and that they were leaving from there. After wondering why I was the only one in line an officer finaly told me I was supposed to go over to Sandy Bottoms. After getting there there were no trail leaders there when we got there and no one knew what was going on. Im not complaining I just think some things could have been better with very little effort. Going on the 10.30 ride was hard to get with my group because no one knew where to go and some of the groups already took off. Again I understand this event took alot to put together it just seemed like the only people helping to organize the trail rides were a few guys that were trail leaders.

Which jeep were you in and what trail did you lead Brian?

Also just wanna say Thanks to JeepHut for all the work they put in and everything they gave away. Awesome job.
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #74
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

JKmuder in the silver JKU unlimicon I led two burnt forest rides on Saturday 230 and 530 and the 1030 Sukitin on Sunday .

I appreciate all the feedback and by Sunday morning we were already talking about changes for next year. We were aware of some hiccups and quickly found a solution for next years event. Thank you for the pro and cons

I had a blast meeting everyone and the weather made it a great weekend !
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #75
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
JKmuder in the silver JKU unlimicon I led two burnt forest rides on Saturday 230 and 530 and the 1030 Sukitin on Sunday .

I appreciate all the feedback and by Sunday morning we were already talking about changes for next year. We were aware of some hiccups and quickly found a solution for next years event. Thank you for the pro and cons

I had a blast meeting everyone and the weather made it a great weekend !
I think I saw your Jeep but I didnt get a chance to ride the easy trail on Saturday and Sunday we done the obstacle course. I will be glad to help next year if help is needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.